Possible lymphoma HELP PLS NO HATE

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO HATE OR JUDGEMENT PLEASE
Fyi im trying to figure out how to get money so she can be seen by a vet (I'm on SSI),
5yr old spayed female came from a TNR program way before I got her,
My 5year old cat Cali has been having weird symptoms etc going on and I'm suspecting Lymphoma,
Symptom/signs etc history

Through all of this she didn't lose her appitite besides right before ER trip
May :she was healthy,
June :she started to puke once in awhile ,thought it was hair balls because she started to groom more,
July :she still kept having *hairballs* along with puking up her dry food once in awhile, guarding her food and water ,started acting slightly off she would run like something was attacking her and then hide for a bit and come out ,hair loss started also scratching more then normal I had to start trimming her back paws bc of it towards the end of July she puked up blood and after she puked it her breathing went weird and her eyes sank in and I also noticed a lump under her armpit I rushed her to the vet ER the vet refused to run blood work and X-rays bc I was relying on donations even a donator was willing to pay for the tests they did do the felvfiv test came back Negative ,all vet did was was give antinausea shot and antibiotic shot and a antihistamine shot thinking either bacterial or allergies vet dismissed me about the lump under armpit and they said "possible small tear from puking" she stayed there for 3 days, also right before she went to the vet for the bloody vomit her abdomine looked bigger and felt harder,
August :she seemed to do better but still had the lump her abdomen went to normal,
September: symptoms started back up again gradually (except the bloody vomit) but a new one set in she would pee and poo in random spots she even pooped on the deep freezer ,she has always been good on using the cat box ,became a bit more reclused from everyone,
October this month ,new symptoms bald belly ,hair loss skin itchyness got worse skin got a bit thick on belly and around neck , balance has been off ,now when she is in a freak out/spaz mode where she runs frantically from one spot to the next and then freeze and proceeds she does this for about 5 minutes and sometimes she poops while doing that, she even somehow escaped out the back window on Oct 9th and went missing for 3 days I got her back yesterday (thank goodness for fb lost post) ,and ever since she has been back I have noticed more lumps like what is under her armpit she has 5 around her lingual/groin area ,2 under left armpit 1 under right armpit and one on her belly , abdomen now feels like it did in July since she had been back yesterday, no vomiting since July as far as I can tell (multi cat house hold),

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get her seen I'm stressing about it bc the only vet that does payment plans is the one who ignored her in July the vet that actually listens don't do payment plans which makes it hard

I'm starting to suspect it's a form of lymphoma
Her appitite has increased she always acting starved lately ,her weight as went down since being home as of yesterday I think she lost weight because she didn't eat while being lost, she now started doing that weird hunched sitting position since being home if she is on anything hard like floor deep freezer etc, she doesn't do that on the bed soft chair couch,
No upper respiratory symptoms
No ear symptoms
No eye nose symptoms

Not saying who but someone I live with thinks it's fat pockets 🙄
Anyone have any ideas on how I can get her seen while being broke? I don't want to see her suffer she is technically my son's cat so the idea of surrender hurts me since she is his cat and the thought of her suffering with hardly no vet care because I'm broke hurts too no vet will see her with out money upfront ,I already feel shitty

Anyone else's cat had the same or similar symptoms if so what did your cat have? Asking so I have a better idea what to talk to a vet about once I can get her in

I'm not asking for donations on this post
Thank you

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Has shehad blood work,xray,or urinalysis?
There are numerous possibilities what could be wrong. My old cat had triaditus. My cat now has ckd,ibd, and crystals. Symptoms are similar so only cbc,urinalysis, xray can rule out what's wrong. If it's disease she might need prescription food.. If her boxes are covered, take them off so you can watch her. for budget someone else on here will help
good luck!. I know it's hard. Make sure she has numerous water bowls
She is adorable! Give her lots of tlc as I'm sure you already do

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Especially since she is eating dry lots of water bowls. My cats are fed 3x a day plus a food timer at night. How often do you feed her? Some cats eat too fast from being without food for a long time then throw up or throw up in the morning because of acid reflux. Fancy feast classics you can try mixing in thier dry food. I use turkey&giblets

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen the symptoms of freezing in place and then running like something bit them. Also the skin problems. Both of those were from rescued cats that had fleas or parasites. Since you have other kitties and she got out, have you checked closely for any fleas? Even one bite can cause a reaction in my cat. Recently a neighbor left his cat to be babysat. She had been having skin issues that I thought might be good but when I started doing daily visits I found she had been getting outside via an opening by the plumbing. I brought her home with me snd treated her. The skin is clear and her itching and weird dashing has stopped. She also had became very grouchy and seemed nervous. She is like a different cat now. I have seen fleas cause anemia too. A flea comb used with her sitting on a white towel might show something not easily seen otherwise. Not sure about the lumps but maybe not lymphoma because many things can cause the symptoms you describe. However, there may be assistance for you. Shelters are trying to help people to keep their pets. There have been so many surrenders lately that they are trying to help the situation. Here is a link to a start on a search for vet help. Read it all first and then go to the links that fit your situation. If there is a vet school near you, they may help. Explain your circumstances to everyone! Call all vets. Ask if there is any funding available to assist this cat. If all else fails, take her into the vets waiting rooms and explain there. Let everyone in the waiting room hear you as you plead for this beautiful cat. I have been in a waiting room and heard someone trying to get help. I was able to give a little and to push my vet to help. Maybe someone else can do that too. Please google assistance for vet card or similar phrases. Also, please update us. Hoping for everything to be okay. Our hearts are right there with you.
Are you having trouble affording your pet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Especially since she is eating dry lots of water bowls. My cats are fed 3x a day plus a food timer at night. How often do you feed her? Some cats eat too fast from being without food for a long time then throw up or throw up in the morning because of acid reflux. Fancy feast classics you can try mixing in thier dry food. I use turkey&giblets
There are plenty of water bowls and her diet is 50/50 wet and dry, she gets fed 4x a day every other is wet or dry,
The vet she seen in July refused to run any tests and I was relying on donations ,I had to fight for the felvfiv test by saying I had more cats, it was Negative,

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do try some of those links I sent. Maybe you can get further help and an advocate too. I am so glad the Fiv/Felv test was negative. Whoever donated might be a good advocate to accompany you to the vet?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a vet that wouldn't run any tests so I switched. 3rd vet I like. She has ckd and struitive crystals. Never would have known if I didn't switch. Hope your kitty feels better!

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen the symptoms of freezing in place and then running like something bit them. Also the skin problems. Both of those were from rescued cats that had fleas or parasites. Since you have other kitties and she got out, have you checked closely for any fleas? Even one bite can cause a reaction in my cat. Recently a neighbor left his cat to be babysat. She had been having skin issues that I thought might be good but when I started doing daily visits I found she had been getting outside via an opening by the plumbing. I brought her home with me snd treated her. The skin is clear and her itching and weird dashing has stopped. She also had became very grouchy and seemed nervous. She is like a different cat now. I have seen fleas cause anemia too. A flea comb used with her sitting on a white towel might show something not easily seen otherwise. Not sure about the lumps but maybe not lymphoma because many things can cause the symptoms you describe. However, there may be assistance for you. Shelters are trying to help people to keep their pets. There have been so many surrenders lately that they are trying to help the situation. Here is a link to a start on a search for vet help. Read it all first and then go to the links that fit your situation. If there is a vet school near you, they may help. Explain your circumstances to everyone! Call all vets. Ask if there is any funding available to assist this cat. If all else fails, take her into the vets waiting rooms and explain there. Let everyone in the waiting room hear you as you plead for this beautiful cat. I have been in a waiting room and heard someone trying to get help. I was able to give a little and to push my vet to help. Maybe someone else can do that too. Please google assistance for vet card or similar phrases. Also, please update us. Hoping for everything to be okay. Our hearts are right there with you.
Are you having trouble affording your pet?
I have called all my vets in my area and non are willing to see her with out full price ,the one that does payment plans refused to run tests when she was there in July ran off of donations,
I looked through the link you gave me and I'm not really finding anything that will help it's either for spay neuter ,food, etc nothing about helping with vet bills and I haven't found a vet school near me when I search it it shows vet offices which are the same ones that refuse to do anything without big bucks , this is why I don't know what to do I'm aware of all these routes the area I live in sucks no one cares
All the cats get a monthly flea preventive ,I haven't seen any fleas ,I did flea comb her I didn't see any, and she was dewormed in July and October with Drontal I gotten when Raiden had a hernia repair on July 2nd,

I'm stumped

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I asked my first vet to run a urinalysis. I wonder if things would be different if he did

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do try some of those links I sent. Maybe you can get further help and an advocate too. I am so glad the Fiv/Felv test was negative. Whoever donated might be a good advocate to accompany you to the vet?
The donated lived out of state the donated even told them they will give whatever amount for any tests and they refused the money there are 3 vets in my area that I'm able to get to by foot or taxi and NON WILL HELP ,the links wasn't helpful bc of the area I live in no resources for animals where I live apperently

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a vet that wouldn't run any tests so I switched. 3rd vet I like. She has ckd and struitive crystals. Never would have known if I didn't switch. Hope your kitty feels better!
My reply to jccatbird is also a reply to you

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I asked my first vet to run a urinalysis. I wonder if things would be different if he did
Also on one of your replies you mentioned someone on here will help, what do you mean?
Also all the cats boxes aren't covered, I forgot to answer this

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Help find ways fo get donations or sites to help with payment
I'm unsure on how to do that because it's hard to get anything done when you have a SSI card (only takes deposits from social security) ,no car ,no one to give a ride besides taxi's which takes money, no resources in the area for low income for this type of thing ,my counties animal control only helps with shots and spays ,the only vet that takes payment plans and donations refuses to run testing even when I had an out of state donator, can't get approved for care credit or scratch pay ,I got denied for a loan, I have nothing I can sell I recently lost everything (besides my animals) in a unexpected move that was out of my control, Facebook is full of scammers ,can't post on here for help bc I already did in the last 6mos, GoFundMe requires a bank account, only place in my state that helps is 3hours away and you must live in that city -_-

i really don't know what to do I feel like there is no other options, only way I can is to not pay bills if I don't pay bills I lose my place to live

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I belong to fb. Only people that know me are friends. If I share something it only goes to friends. I chose who I want to be with. So it's not scammers.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know where you live but in waller,TX there is a place that will take in Ill cats. I know,last thing you want to hear but if she gets worse you might have to consider finding a foster. There are some that will take in a cat in need of help. Good luck! I cannot drive til December so I have to use uber which is expensive.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want to send me a private message with your state , maybe I can locate something. Also, you might send me the name of the vet you wish to use and let me see if I can convince them to take donations from the person who wanted to help you. I find it very unusual that they will not take a donation. I could check out the vet first and then call them to make inquiries. I am having eye treatments at the end of next week and am working on finding help for others but I can try to help you.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you contact rescues to see if they offer rescue rates or payment plans? Some do. I know there is petcard and paybright you can google them to see if they have a list of vets near your area. An ultrasound would be a very good idea to see if its ibd/lymphoma.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know where you live but in waller,TX there is a place that will take in Ill cats. I know,last thing you want to hear but if she gets worse you might have to consider finding a foster. There are some that will take in a cat in need of help. Good luck! I cannot drive til December so I have to use uber which is expensive.
I do not live in Texas, and I have like 40 people on my friends list on FB and when I asked back in July for donations non of the 40 responded to it,