Possible lung infection - a kitten w/ chronic URI

eshin7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, so about a week ago my 9 mo old kitten started to develop a 1cm abscess on her center forehead between her eyes and little above the nose bridge. She has a history of mild URI since she was born at a rescue (which was what we fostered her for) and while it went away after we started giving her antibiotics it came back after a week or two of stopping it. Vets advised that we wait a little but then when we went for a check up to see what the abscess was we found out that her lung did not sound good & performed bloodwork.

The result:
Her WBC, Lymphocyte, Monocytes, Phosphorus, Anion Gap, and ALP were high & Glucose significantly low (60).

I'm taking her to do a spot bg check tonight to see why glucose is so low, but I feel like vets have no idea what's causing her respiratory infection. With the abscess and the fact that antiviral didn't work for her but antibiotics did, I am suspecting a fungal infection. Does anyone have had a similar experience with their kitty?

Other than these results she energy level, appetite, and drinking is completely normal.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, since you're fostering I don't know how much is possible, but would the vet consider consulting with a university medical veterinary department?