Possible Ferals And A Stray (in Australia)

LilyRae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Laura firstly thank you for showing so much kindness towards these kitties! I know its been a while since you have responded here, but how is it going?
I am in Australia too, bur in sydney, and currently 3 cats, one of which was a stray and the other was a feral kitten (now 8 months) who I met at two months old and have slowly made progress and who is now a lovely house kitty - he sometimes shows he has got some way to go but has made such amazing progress, he is truly the most lovely of chaps ^_^

I took Tommy (feral) to the vets to be desexed and chipped, I told them he used to be a feral kitty (just to warn them he might not be the most well behaved of patients) and they had no problem with it at all. He turned out to be an amazing little patient. He was already 6 months at this time and I had spent months and hours a day helping him to trust & gave him some relaxing, mood stabilising treats to help him out.

With my other kitty who was a stray, Maggie, I had to get her chip checked first etc though the contacts were outdated by years (I had already had her for at least a year and half at this point) & now she is completely, legally mine :)

Now i understand your situation is a little different as she is probably already pregnant and QLD definitely has stricter laws on these poor creatures.
Cats can be desexed whilst pregnant - the vet will look at the stage of the pregnancy etc first of course - and given Australia's horrific laws and general public opinion on cats I would really say this should happen as the last thing we need is more cats that will most probably get euthanised at some point :(

Please let me know what stage you are at, I will have a look at some groups/vets in your area that I know of that could possibly help your situation. Best of luck lovely xx

:bigeyes:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
white shadow white shadow : :heartshape: Yay!! thank you for the wonderful update!! The outcome has me over the moon with joy :cloud9:
L Laura_au : You have been blessed with beautiful, thriving kitties in a great selection of coats and colors. :happycat:
:thanks: Thank you for all your hard work. I salute your efforts :salute: and celebrate your successes :beerchug: :party: :banana1::thumbsup:

Last edited: