Possible Abyssinian Background?

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know my cat is a domestic shorthair, but I kind of wonder if she could have some Abyssinian background. She's got a ticked coat, alert expression, and is quite a climber. She scaled her 5.5 foot cat tree at only 11 weeks. Unlike an Abyssinian, she's very vocal and likes to chat with us. What do you think?
IMG_20190727_173227.jpg
IMG_20190715_071718.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any pictures with better lighting? From these pictures, I would describe your cat as a brown tabby and white domestic shorthair. She appears to have a broken mackerel tabby pattern, although I would like to see better pictures to determine whether the pattern is broken mackerel or broken classic.

I wouldn't describe that as a ticked coat. All tabbies have ticking (agouti) between their stripes or spots. "Ticked tabby" (as in the Abyssinian breed) means that the coat is ticked on the body without noticeable stripes or spots.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm waiting for her to calm down. She's still a baby so spends most of the morning running around and playing. She's so active, it's hard getting decent photos of her.