Portraits of our dogs across the bridge

MeezeIfYouPlz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As some of you know, we lost both of our german shepherds in 2022. Kane, a bi-color, was 12 years old when he passed in January '22. Kane's older brother/cousin Jax passed in October of last year at the age of 13 1/2. I decided to have digital portraits done of them as an anniversary present for my husband. I'm beyond pleased with the results. What do you think?
Screenshot_20230115-175952_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230115-175800_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Kristin_Happy Texan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those are amazing! I've often pondered doing something like that with my old pets.

Soon (Feb 24) it will be one year since I had my sweet little Abigail put to sleep. She was sort of our special needs dog. She acted more like a newborn child than a dog. (Reaction to her puppy shots gave her a 'tick' for a while, then seizures when she became a "vintage" gal. She behaved sort of like a Downs Syndrome child. Super, super sweet and sensitive to the oddest things. There will NEVER be another dog like her. I miss her).

Anyway, I love your photos and I'm sure you must treasure them. They're really great and a sweet, thoughtful way to memorialize the joy and smiles they brought to you. You'll see them in person again someday. Of that I have NO doubt. (Personal experiences I've had).

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeezeIfYouPlz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those are amazing! I've often pondered doing something like that with my old pets.

Soon (Feb 24) it will be one year since I had my sweet little Abigail put to sleep. She was sort of our special needs dog. She acted more like a newborn child than a dog. (Reaction to her puppy shots gave her a 'tick' for a while, then seizures when she became a "vintage" gal. She behaved sort of like a Downs Syndrome child. Super, super sweet and sensitive to the oddest things. There will NEVER be another dog like her. I miss her).

Anyway, I love your photos and I'm sure you must treasure them. They're really great and a sweet, thoughtful way to memorialize the joy and smiles they brought to you. You'll see them in person again someday. Of that I have NO doubt. (Personal experiences I've had).
I'm sorry for your loss of Abigail. I know I'll see my beloved pets again - Charlie Girl, Jax, Kane (dogs), Kitty, Denang and Bekka (cats), Gracie (horse), Tuffy and Lucy (geese) and Bella (chicken), just to name a few. ❤