Portrait background color

Wegiesrule

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All of my cats have always had green backdrops for their portraits. It looks nice, but I'd like to try something new. Next month my 2 Siberians will get new portraits. Any opinions on a different background color for this guy (the collage)? Here he is as a RW kitten, GC, and soon to be GP. My female is a little warmer in color, w/white. I could try black with her. My husband suggested purple, and her breeder said do not use tan or white.
IMG_20201012_233206_629.jpg
IMG_20201012_233206_629.jpg
InShot_20220124_175725463.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Blue, blue grey or blue violet: a rich darker shade, not bright. Blue is opposite the color wheel from brown and should compliment his coloring.

3628.png
wallpaper.png

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Have you considered red? Is Chanan the photographer for the next shoot? Richard (Chanan) is always good about letting you hold your cat up in front of different backgrounds to help you choose the best color.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wegiesrule

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Larry Johnson is the show photographer. He doesn't have a color palette on his site like some of the others, but I will certainly ask his opinion. I have seen brown tabby MC and NFC on red and it looks nice. I'm sure whatever we come up with will be great - much better than anything I could do myself.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The result! Not too thrilled the one is going to sport the meatloaf pose for her Regional Winner plaque/website photo, but maybe next year she will want to stand up.
I like this teal color - the blue undertones work really nicely with the cats coloring.
Too bad she didn't want to sit up but that cute paw stance is adorable too!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If you decide to keep the green background, since you mentioned all your cats have had this color for their backdrop portraits, I would suggest not using the darker shade of green in your last pic of the first post. Your cats are undeniably gorgeous! :lovecat4: