Portifoy's Bladder Issue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:( So sorry to hear that. If you don't mind, let us know how the new tests come out. I hope he is going in soon.
Port FINALLY got in today, looking like a burn victim. Full X rays and a broad blood panel and urinalysis were done. He's staying overnight. Hopefully, I'll also FINALLY have some answers soon.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so glad to hear that you were able to get him into the vet! I hope you will soon hear the results and any solutions to his issues. Do you know why they are keeping him overnight?

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to hear that you were able to get him into the vet! I hope you will soon hear the results and any solutions to his issues. Do you know why they are keeping him overnight?
Their vet had a family emergency, so it was a drop off appointment. Not a one of us can pick him up before they close, so sleepover for him.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sleeping over may be a good thing. It will give him time to calm down and sleep, which always helps them be calm, before they take a last look for this visit at him. It may help the vet think of other things, and check his heart rate when he's not excited from the car.

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They FINALLY got his results to me: nothing showed on the radiographs. His bloodwork showed elevated Cholesterol, triglycerides, amalyse and billburin levels - nothing definitive though. He IS having an allergic reaction to something (somehow) and got a MRSA infection in his wounds. So he's coned again, new medications and ointments, and has to go on a special diet and repeat bloodwork in about a month.

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can a MRSA infection spread internally? I thought he was having a hairball issue, but it's a breathing issue with him now. He's either gargle wheeze-hacking or snortle blowing. No discharge or anything. So I'm freaking out and his vet can't see him until tomorrow morning.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He can see ok otherwise? There's nothing wrong with his eyes? Poor little guy, can you find a different vet?

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He can see ok otherwise? There's nothing wrong with his eyes? Poor little guy, can you find a different vet?
I don't think there is. I hope not! Not really, there are limited vets in my area, he has a long history of issues and care, and two vets shunned me because I didn't go to Blue Pearl for my cat with cancer, Greg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry, that makes things so much more complicated when the vets do that sort of thing.

One other question, do you have a university veterinary medical department you could speak with? You and your vet have tried so much with him and it keeps continuing...

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, that makes things so much more complicated when the vets do that sort of thing.

One other question, do you have a university veterinary medical department you could speak with? You and your vet have tried so much with him and it keeps continuing...
I think there's one in Tampa. The trick would be getting him there, should they want to see him first. I know I'm running out of options and ideas. Toss in my other sick cats to boot, and I'm ready to pull my hair out. Because they all see the same vet and I'm getting no response back.