Poppy

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am truly sorry for the loss of your precious baby , Poppy. She was and still is such a beautiful kitty.
I hate the word cancer. It truly is a devastating disease.
I myself lost far too many from that disease.
My heart aches for the pain you are feeling. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. Most say that time eases the pain. I truly hope it does for you. I have never felt that way. As time goes on , I sometimes feel the pain more.
Just always remember that you loved your Poppy and she loved you even more. Nothing will ever take that love away. NOTHING! I hope that one day you can think of your sweet Poppy with more smiles than tears!
RIP Sweet Poppy!
You are so very loved and will be missed more than you will ever know!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poppy will be greatly missed,but will be forever held near by the bond of love that ties her to your soul. She shared your life's journey, but she follows a new path now, one that she did not want to follow but had to.
It crushes the spirit to no longer have them in our homes, but what they brought to our lives far outweighs and is so much more important than the grief that eventually it will break through that sadness and shine like a beacon in our world. In time, it takes so much time......
Poppy was a fighter, a warrior princess. She showed you love and a determination that warmed your heart and amazed your own loving heart. She loved you with something that can never be measured, never be taken, because it was spiritual. Because it was spiritual it is eternal.
Because she loved you so very much, she would never want you to be so sad because of her leaving. Just as you would want for her, she would want you to go forward into the future and seek the warmth and the joy of being alive, not dwell on her end in the dark and cold of your grief. Use your precious memories of happier times to bring you comfort, not on the tragic end that will bring you pain.
It is hard, it is one of the hardest things we ever have to do... to go on without them. But somehow we take one second, one minute, one day at a time. Until that day comes that we can think of them with a pang in our hearts, but a smile on our lips. Because we realize at that time we gained so very much more than we lost, we were so very blessed to have known them and to have shared their lives for a while. But we will never lose their love......RIP dear Poppy. You will never be forgotten. You will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that sweet little face, you just want to squeeze it and kiss it, what a sweetie pie....I am so so sorry to hear of this, but she is just fine now, no more cancer just fine and one day you will kiss that sweet little face again.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Poppy, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Oh, Little One, do you know how many lives and hearts you touched, with your sweet face and OH THOSE WHISKERS!? You are remembered by more people than you even knew exist.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The previous posters have expressed my thoughts so eloquently. My heartfelt condolences for the loss of your lovely little Poppy!
As someone who has lost both cats and people to the scourge of cancer, I know all too well the anger, frustration, pain and incomprehension of trying to come to grips with it. You can't. But you CAN know that that little unconditionally loving being is healthy now, watching over you from a place of Perfect Love until you are reunited again. SO many of my own loved ones are up there in her company!
May you find consolation in time in the many photos you must have of such an exquisite beauty; and in time, I pray you will also perhaps find healing in sharing the love with another. Cats' love is immeasurable, you know.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RDreams Poppy crossed the Rainbow Bridge today. She was diagnosed with cancer 16 months ago and fought a long fight. She was a sweet girl and I miss her already.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Poppy. She was sweet indeed, the photo you attached says it all.
Those green eyes in your avatar enchanted me since the first time I saw them.

I know how hard a battle like yours is, I know the hopes one can have, I know the joy that fills the heart when some little improvement shows up, and I know the pain and the deep sense of desperation when something doesn't go as planned or hoped.
I know the devastating pain in your heart right now, the sense of emptiness and silence in the house, the cold inside you, the darkness around you.

I'm going through the same process right now, I have just lost my precious kitty yesterday. I think that your Poppy and my Pallina crossed the Bridge together, side by side, with her tails entwined, and they will be friends for eternity, until the day we will join them again, never to let them go.

RIP Poppy, watch your Mom from up there, walk softly into her dreams and tell her you are fine and love her.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going through the same process right now, I have just lost my precious kitty yesterday. I think that your Poppy and my Pallina crossed the Bridge together, side by side, with her tails entwined, and they will be friends for eternity, until the day we will join them again, never to let them go.
Oh no, no, no.....not another one gone......this is horrible, so so many in just the last few days. I am so sorry to read this Antonio......:bawling2: :(

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because their loyalty is unconditional and their love unquantifiable, we feel our loss of them beyond endurance. The wondrous part is that we have know that loyalty, that love -- so many do not, in this life -- and that it is truly with us always. We WILL be with them again. This life, on this earth, is a poor shadow of what will be. We cannot even imagine it. Be quiet within, and know this.