Pop Up Ads In-between Posts

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I just noticed, I am getting a ton of pop up ads, in-between posts, on every thread... They seem related to me.. as in where I live, as in other things..

Never had this issue before...

Can you check it out..
thanks..

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ouch, sorry you're experiencing this on TCS.

I need to know if you mean actual pop-up ads that cover your screen? Or do you mean ads get loaded after the first post in a thread? If the latter then these are just banners and I'm seeing them too. The banners that show up between posts in a thread are supposed to show up only for visitors who are not logged into the site. I am aware of the issue and hope our ads people can fix it asap.

If you're talking about actual pop-ups (i.e. not in the page but above it and separate from it) then I would need a screenshot along with a timestamp (what time did you get the pop-up ad exactly, including your time zone). Using that information we can try and track down the rogue ads.

And ads these days always try to target you. They base that information on info from Google and Facebook, nothing to do with TCS so I have no control over that, sorry. I'm surprised this has only happened to you today - I've been seeing very targeted ads for years now. Not always, but often enough. At one point, we had a guest from France staying in our home and that evening, I got ads about French food! My guess is he logged into Facebook from our WiFi and that triggered the ads for our ip range.

Again, sorry about the pop-ups - I would need more information in order to try and track them down. Thanks!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Good timing - I was just told the ads in between posts are no longer showing up for logged-in users. Confirmed on my end. Which leaves us with actual pop-ups if you're getting those.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne Anne No, I am not getting the full screen pop-up ads. I know that would be MY issue.

What I was seeing was an add, immediately beneath the post I was reading. As I scrolled down, to read another post in that thread, another ad would be there..

It is all gone!!! HOORAY....
Thank YOU..

Back to normal TCS.... love it!!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yeah, these were not pop-ups. They're a new format of ads that we've added to non logged-in users. They were showing to logged-in users by mistake. Registered members who log in get fewer ads than lurkers. It's a way of thanking our members for their contribution to the site.