Poor Kitty

kute_kitten2002

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can someone help me? I have a cat, Hissy, and we found her six years ago. She was a very loving, and had all she could ever want, then a few weeks ago, she disappeared. Well today, we found her, we found her the same place we found her,six years ago. She acts as though she doesn't know who we are! When I see her she looks at me as if I am a stranger. Does anyone have anything to tell me or how we can get her back?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry to hear about your kitty. It could mean any number of things. It could be that she is just tired and weak from being away from home. Some cats will have a mood change when something is wrong. Kitty seems to be old enough that her personality wouldnt change that drasticaly. I really would think about taking her to a vet and have a check up. Cats are considered senior at 7. I don't know how old she was when you got her, I am assuming at least 1 or so. A vet couldnt hurt either way, she had been gone for ahwile. I hope she is okay, please let us know.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Welcome aboard kute_kitten!

Sorry to hear about your cat. I also think she might have been too dazed to react normally. She may have been through a lot in those six weeks - we can never know...

I remember when one of my cats (now in kitty heaven) disapeared for a week. We were so worried about her and couldn't find her anyway. After a week, she suddenly showed up on our doorstep, wounded and all dirty. The vet said she was either hit by a car or by people (I know it sounds horrible, we were shocked too). She had a broken jaw and lost some teeth. She was totally dehydrated and starved but she couldn't eat much. The vet gave her fluids and some shots to make her stronger.

I'm telling you all this not just because I get carried away when I type (I do
), but to say that our poor kitty was in a daze for quite a few days after she came back. she didn't respond to attention and was acting very strange. With time she got better and was back to her old self.

By the way, what kind of a place is it, where you found her?