Pooping once a week

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sirius only poops once a week. It is a large amount, and it's well formed but still it's only once a week. Is this normal or do I need to take him to the vet?

He is fed only wet food and he sometimes(rarely) snacks on cheap dry food. I'm trying to get him to snack on ToTW but he eats so little dry I'm having a hard time getting him transitioned. The wet is all high quality, some with and some without grains. This is the same pattern he's always had since we got him back from his bout of diarrhea when he first moved in.

Taryn

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not normal at all... what goes in has to come out, once a day... Plain canned pumpkin should help... Mixed on his wet food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No straining, no signs of discomfort, he has no probloem hopping the gate to get into the bedroom and will run from the dog if he feels like a game of chase. Like I said I have noticed this since we got him(late June.) He did poop today which was 2 days earlier than usual so he might be getting on a more regular pooping schedule.

All the rescue said was they'd give him a laxative andif he didn't go they'd take him to the vet. I know he'll go if given a laxative but I'd rather not force that on him unless he is uncomfortable. I'm going to keep an eye on his and see if he is getting more regular now that he is eating good food. I'm also adding the Missing Link(started yesterday, and he went today) which has fiber so that should get him going more regularly. If that doesn't work then I'll take him to the vet.

Taryn