poop issue

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a good girl, and such great progress all around!
She must be feeling SO much better, that maybe the litter box is starting to look less intimidating and more inviting? So happy for you both!~

Keep the good days coming Poppy 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

poppy2507

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Final post (I hope!) re Poppy's constipation issue. Problem solved! The SEB seems to be working its magic.

We're both happy campers again: Poppy has been off both pumpkin and all laxatives (Miralax / Restoralax) for the past 14 days. She is back to her regular every-3rd-day "poop" schedule (she's been doing that for over a year). Her appetite was always good, but has picked up even more since I stopped mixing the pumpkin into her Fancy Feast.

The litterbox deposit was a one-off, I'm afraid. She is back to using the box for urination only, and "pooping" a couple feet away from the box, but that's an old pattern, too, and one I can live with. (She gifted me ONCE with a deposit on my bed — we had a heart-to-heart about that one and she hasn't done it again.)

I also started her on "Probiotic 8 Plus for Animals" this week. I read to use that 2 or 3 times a week, not every day, and to start with a small dosage. I'm giving her 1/8 teaspoon mixed into her food 3 times a week for a month, to be sure she tolerates it well.

I'm delighted to have her off the every-day laxatives. Never did like giving her that stuff. So for the foreseeable future, it's SEB "tea" mixed into her food breakfast and dinner - the extra bit of liquid seems to be helping, too - and Probiotic 8 three times a week. Paws crossed she stays healthy and regular.

Many thanks for your advice here.

Poppy & "Staff"

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for this most positive update!!
  Wonderful to read that the SEB continues to work for Poppy!! 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Awesome!!!  Too bad the litterbox pooping didn't last, but like you said, you and Poppy have an agreement about that, so as long as she stays off the bed with her 'gifts', it sounds like everything is going well.  It's always such a good feeling to know our fur-kids are healthy and not in discomfort.  

Happy news.  

Last edited: