Poop EVERYWHERE!

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I posted a few weeks ago about how my cat, Sammy, needed his anal glands expressed.

Ever since he's been back afterwards, he's leaked, smeared poop, and had poop pieces get stuck. I know he's cleaning himself because I can see him do it AFTER I wipe his butt down, so I don't really understand what's going on. But he gets on tables, chairs, beds. He obviously has no idea he's leaving a poop trail behind him, I know he's not doing it on purpose. He's a cat. I'm not mad at him, but I need some advice here because I hate the idea of keeping him locked up in the utility room. He's always been my shadow, keeping him away from me seems cruel because I know he doesn't understand what's going on at all.

Every day I've had to wipe his butt down, because whenever he poops it's like he leaves some behind. I'm washing blankets daily because when he's laying down, he smears a bit. Like the other day, I looked at his butt and he had NO poop, but when he got up to lay down, I have no idea if he passed gas or something, but he smeared just a little on my blanket and BOY did it smell. I had to stay up an extra few hours just to wash blankets...

I called the vet and the woman told me this could happen if they get filled again, but it started the very day he had it done. Does anyone know if this is normal?

He'll be going to the vet on Thursday anyway, but I have no idea what to do...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep. If it should become necessary, and they are generally very effective. But DO mention to the vet that this started the DAY AFTER the glands were expressed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
He's so picky I dont know that he'd actually tolerate a diaper and I'm not sure that would be a thing we could manage long term with him because I know how much he would hate it x.x

I will mention it. Yeah! I was prepared for him to need to be expressed again, but not this soon, you know??