Polling - do you let your cat sleep on your bed at night

Do you let your cat sleep on your bed at night?

• yes

Votes: 164 87.7%
  • no

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • (s)he doesn't like to sleep on the bed

Votes: 16 8.6%

• Total voters

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bed is more than 4 and half foot from the floor, latest rescue did not accept the fact that she should stay out of the bed, without running from standstill jumps to bed.

I don't know how high bed should be to be too high for her, there might not be room for that high bed.

I really should not allow any of cats to sleep on bed, because of mild allergy, but when cat wants something, there is hardly anything to keep cat off from what he/she wants, so instead of listening poor thing crying of being kept off from bed I let her sleep in my armpit.

Other ones are in another building actually, but one of them really would like to sleep in bed, at leg end, it just feels bad that I can't keep him in same building, but sometimes I take a daytime nap on sofa so he can snuggle between the legs. He has gained weight lately and he never has been normal size, quite big and now he has started to be bit too fat too so it is bit difficult, to have larger than pillow sized cat on your legs. I need to put him to diet, poor thing hardly jumps anymore, I think he is eating instead of playing, so he needs now some attention.

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My bed is more than 4 and half foot from the floor, latest rescue did not accept the fact that she should stay out of the bed, without running from standstill jumps to bed.

I don't know how high bed should be to be too high for her, there might not be room for that high bed.

I really should not allow any of cats to sleep on bed, because of mild allergy, but when cat wants something, there is hardly anything to keep cat off from what he/she wants, so instead of listening poor thing crying of being kept off from bed I let her sleep in my armpit.

Other ones are in another building actually, but one of them really would like to sleep in bed, at leg end, it just feels bad that I can't keep him in same building, but sometimes I take a daytime nap on sofa so he can snuggle between the legs. He has gained weight lately and he never has been normal size, quite big and now he has started to be bit too fat too so it is bit difficult, to have larger than pillow sized cat on your legs. I need to put him to diet, poor thing hardly jumps anymore, I think he is eating instead of playing, so he needs now some attention.
Many cats can jump over 6 feet. I've seen the particularly agile jump 10. This is why cats sleep wherever they want in my house. :)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy sleeps with me alhe time! It is so comforting to wake up in the night and realize she is right by my side!!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
As with my previous 2 cats, Mouse is free to sleep where ever he chooses.  Very occasionally he chooses to sleep in the sitting room or spare room, but mostly he sleeps with me when I am in bed, and when I am up he sleeps in which ever room I happen to be in (or if I'm in the kitchen he sleeps on my bed as he can see me from there if he wants to).  He has chosen to sleep with my mother once or twice when she's been staying here, but as I am very restless at night and she isn't that didn't surprise me at all.  The funniest bit was he'd come straight back to me when she started to snore.  
    He's never chosen to sleep with anyone else here even though he's had plenty of oportunity with friends and with lodgers, some of whom he has totally adored.   I'm happy as long as he's happy but have to admit I hate it when he isn't on the bed with me and never sleep as well when his little body isn't around somewhere on top of the duvet.

One of my previous cats got very arthritic in her mid to later years and also lost her sight.   For a number of years she used a little kids sized chair as a step to get up on to the bed but once she couldn't manage that any more she'd stand at the side of the bed, and if need be meow as loud as a fog horn to get my attention so I'd lift her up - and then do similar again for when she wanted down.

Last edited:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to since it would be sooo cute. But i cant. Im a sensitive sleeper and get sick if i dont get my sleep. However they have access to my room any other time. I regularly take naps on the weekends and we alll nap together then.

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In fact, if they haven't joined me after 5 minutes I call for them to join me.  When I do the Girl's Weekend and I'm sleeping by myself it's just not right.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Of course. But it's starting to get rather crowded since we got The Beagle. (Yeah, she's decided that she belongs on the bed, too.) It's a queen-size bed for two adults, six cats and a beagle. 

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Grizzly sleeps wherever he wants.. He used to sleep a lot on my bed with me. But I think I move around too much and annoy him 

Now he's taken over the armchair I keep in my bedroom, which is covered with a fleese blanket, he used to have as a "girlfriend" up until he was neutered. 

So I mock him for "sleeping with his ex" 

When it's too cold, he still sneaks in bed with me and tolerates me moving around 
 I sleep on a queen size bed, so there's a lot of room for both of us!

miraculousbeads

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, Stormy sleeps with me at night.  When she feels cold, she crawls under the covers and lays close to my side.  She then, head butts my hand to be scratched.

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Midnight would sleep on the top part of my pillow at night, with her tail loosely around my throat. Her purring would be like a natural sedative---put me right out!

birdie1953

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Birdie sleeps on or in my bed if it is cold. I love her warm body against me when it is cold. Sometimes she sleeps on pillow. Sometimes at the food. Since she hasn't been feeling well she often sleeps in soft cat bed on my bed.

kellie roberts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, both our boys do for a good majority of the night.  I'm sure they would love to have the entire queen bed to themselves

But the youngest sleeps on his fleece quilt on the end of the bed by my feet and the oldest always, always falls asleep in Daddy's spot, then we have to gently pull him into the middle of the covers between us.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Catspaw66, I so totally agree. We have 6 cats so they pretty much sleep wherever they wish! They do seem to leave us " just enough room" most of the time, lol. But having one that's 20 plus pounds sleeping on your legs can cause a few problems from time to time. That by the way is Button, my former little " Angel- Cat" who was such a comfort when I lost my Rascal last year.
He's still a aweetheart, but a lot bigger!

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All 4 of my cats love to sleep on my bed.  I am not in my bed right now and two of them are asleep on my bed right now.  All 4 of them do come to bed with us a some point but they do not always sleep on the bed with us all night. 

My bedroom door is always open so they have access to sleep on the bed whenever they want.  Sometimes they sleep on the bed and sometimes they prefer to sleep under the bed.