• My answer isn't listed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m surrounded by trees so decorate a tiny living one outside w/ tiny Nepalese prayer flags in December.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't put one up, reason is the first year I had Tigger she decided the christmas tree made a delicious snack and kept chewing on it, I was afraid she's swallow bits off of it, so I stopped putting it up so Tigger wasn't eating it

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back when my mom was alive it was whenever she decided i needed to unpack, get the lights and lawn decorations etc down to decorate the out side of their house along with whatever new stuff she decided to buy that year.:biggrin: the tree we kinda began getting it last minute along with decorating our cat at the time made things to difficult now with my gf and i in our own lil apartment we dont bother with any decorating :lol:since we all know anything new in a cats turf must be investigated/ messed with etc.and graycie is a nosey girl

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We’ve always aimed for the weekend after Thanksgiving. This fall has been a bit stressful :disturbed: so we already put the tree up. Its not decorated but the lights are on it and I’m enjoying them in the evening.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband likes having a live tree, so we usually get it at the beginning of December so it's still alive at Christmas.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped putting one up years ago when I had the clowder of five. I don’t have room for one now (plus it wouldn’t last five minutes with Daisy and Phoebe around) and tbh even if I did, I doubt I’d bother, since I don’t celebrate Christmas at all.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't bother putting one up. It's just me and the cats. When DD was here, I'd ask her if she wanted me to put one up. Every year she'd say the same thing. "Only if you want to see it destroyed in a day or less." Sophie would be on it like a furry wrecking ball. :dancingblackcat: :lol:

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I normally put it up after US Thanksgiving (even though I now live in Canada I still celebrate US Thanksgiving because I love the meal, lol). I have a fake tree that I literally chain to the wall and use "cat safe" decorations.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The weekend after Thanksgiving is when our tree will go up. We're doing the TWT at that time as well this year.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't put one up in some time (cats). We thought we'd try last Christmas (husband's idea) and got the tree down from the attic. The first thing Austin did was start chewing on the needles. So bye bye tree. I'm not big on decorating in general anyway.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to have an open house. An enormous tree would go up the weekend after Thanksgiving. A girlfriend would come over to help me put on the lights - we needed step ladders and a pusher thing for the lights at the top of the tree. The rest was up to me. Also the undecorating, which is not as much fun.

As time went on I realized people loved to come to the open house but we did not seem to receive anything in the way of return invitations. So we no longer have an open house or put up a tree.

What I do have are several tabletop vignettes - the tomten my father made, Mrs Tiggywinkle, a small red sleigh with white horses.

And I go around to places like Howell Living History Farm and enjoy their trees.
Christmas at the Farm_2015-12_bringing tree to farm-1.jpg

Here's a picture from several years ago, bringing the tree in from the field. What's not to enjoy and marvel at!

Pywacket21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last year was the first Christmas after DH passed, and the first with a cat. I wanted a tree, but was unsure what cat would do. So I got a cheap little one. If it went down, nothing would break. Pywacket left it alone, one of the dogs skidded into it and knocked it over. I’m putting up my 4’ tree this week but no breakable ornaments.
766CE363-1B2A-4C34-A84D-C66E3B1E6D0D.jpeg
766CE363-1B2A-4C34-A84D-C66E3B1E6D0D.jpeg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Usually December. I've got to take down all of the fall decorations first. :)

Pywacket21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Put it up yesterday. He checked it out, I think he’s afraid of it, hasn’t been out of his hideout much today.
D00B32C6-96CF-449A-AA3A-71CFA4DDA8D8.jpeg