• My answer isn't listed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It changes from year to year...but never earlier than November 11th. That's our Remembrance Day for Veterans and it just seems disrespectful to do it earlier...that's just what was ingrained in me growing up...no judgement on those who do beforehand.
I no longer get to put up a Christmas tree anymore though, my new clowder of kitties are just a little too interested in it, so I now hang thick garland (the stuff that looks like tree branches) around the perimeter of my living room, where wall meets ceiling, with a triangular shaped focal point (point facing down) in one of the corners. I putt my lights and all my ornaments in that instead...it's quite pretty and safe from the kitties. The corner where the focal point is, is where we pile up the gifts. I did it for the first time last year and it worked out really well, however I need to buy a couple more garlands to make the focal point piece a little bigger...it just didn't have the oomph I had in my head. I'll be buying them hopefully this weekend so I can start making it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't voted yet, as I'm not sure whether I'm going to put up a tree this year or not. Ruby generally leaves it alone, so probably once December gets here, I may start feeling like decorating. I'm surprised that, so far, more people don't put up a tree than do.