Pneumonia

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi TCS members it's emergency and I am in ER
My cat had rapid respiration yesterday we went to vet next day and xray was done , she had severe pneumonia we don't know the reason but the vet suggested that is aspiration pneumonia from giving her her dose of medication (1ml augmantine) cz her incision was a little bit infected (she was spayed 13 days ago ) , now she is on oxygen for awhile now abt 6 hours no improvement in abdominal breathing , there is still wheezing , ( he was given antihistamine , antibiotics , cortisone , bronchodilator )
My mom is alr giving up , it's been 12 hours and she is on oxygen but no improvement , the vets think it's severe pnumonia , what is going on ???

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no one has responded to your post yet. I have nothing to offer but will say that pneumonia can take some time to respond to treatments. How are things now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seunie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no one has responded to your post yet. I have nothing to offer but will say that pneumonia can take some time to respond to treatments. How are things now?
We chose euthanasia , he can't breath for a second without oxygen , but this is so hard my cat just died 8 mth ago , isn't it so hard ?!