Please someone help me identify what's wrong with my cat

KingKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone had anykind of experience with something like this before? I'm in desperate need for help this started about 4 days ago and seems to be getting bigger. We're planning on taking her into the vet but they won't be open for a couple of days and right now it's just driving me crazy with worry so if anyone at all has had any kind of experience with something similar please give me some insight into it I'm desperate to figure out what's going on. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KingKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please I am desperate for an explanation has no one seen this before?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have not, not that size anyway. A smaller one where a cat got scraped trying to get out from underneath something.

Is it a chemical burn?
Does it seem painful?

KingKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have not, not that size anyway. A smaller one where a cat got scraped trying to get out from underneath something.
Does it seem painful?
She hasn't been licking it and she doesn't seem bothered when we touch it or anything. That's what we were thinking originally as well, she's got it caught on something or we have a smaller cat who sometimes picks on her so we're thinking maybe she ripped it out but it seems like it's gotten bigger and more red. Thank you for your reply though it's very much appreciated.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is there any chemical she could have come in contact with?

In any case since it's getting more red after four days rather than less red, I think you need to get her to a vet sooner rather than waiting, if all possible.

Call around and see if there's any vet clinic that's open on Saturday mornings.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is she an indoor only cat or does she have outdoor access?

It could be a bad reaction to something she rubbed up against. It could be a flea allergy. It could be something more serious like scabies or mange, although that usually starts around the face and ears.

If I were you I'd get her to a vet today, especially as you have other pets. Some things are very contagious and can be picked up by humans too.

KingKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is she an indoor only cat or does she have outdoor access?

It could be a bad reaction to something she rubbed up against. It could be a flea allergy. It could be something more serious like scabies or mange, although that usually starts around the face and ears.

If I were you I'd get her to a vet today, especially as you have other pets. Some things are very contagious and can be picked up by humans too.
She is strictly an indoor nothing new that she could have come in contact with and the other cat isn't showing any of the same signs she seems very much herself were definitely getting her into the vet as soon as possible

KingKat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there any chemical she could have come in contact with?

In any case since it's getting more red after four days rather than less red, I think you need to get her to a vet sooner rather than waiting, if all possible.

Call around and see if there's any vet clinic that's open on Saturday mornings.
I feel compelled to mention that the hair loss was all of the sudden and no gradual thinning just all of the sudden one day a chunk was missing the next day a little bit more but it also grew back a bit idk if that helps at all but I felt I should mention it. Anyways seems like we just need to take her to the vet and get it figure out I just wish I could know right now rather then stress about it...I'm sorry for my ranting...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No worries about ranting. I wish we could help you beyond moral support and suggestions.