Please Send Vibes For Gato!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to ask for anything  from y'all since I'm not very active on TCS anymore, but I know how well TCS vibes work. Uno Ojo Gato is my newest addition to my cat family. Here's his story for those of you who don't know about him: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/264287/i-swore-i-wouldnt-adopt-anymore-cats

Yesterday I took him in for a recheck. I had noticed that his remaining eye looked funny to me, so I had the vet check it. She told me that he's developing another ulcer in that eye now too.
She thinks it got caught in time, and gave me more medication to put in his eyes. I hope & pray that she's right. I can't imagine just how horrible it would be for Gato to end up losing his remaining eye too, and being completely blind. What kind of quality of life would he have not being able to see at all? Maybe if he would have been born that way it wouldn't be so horrible because he wouldn't know any other way of life: But to have sight then lose it? I am so worried for him right now...

I would greatly appreciate all the prayers & vibes y'all could send right now so that Gato doesn't end up losing his remaining eye and recovers quickly & 100%.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love cats alot and I hate to hear this about your cat.  

sending good vibes for Gato. 

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a cutie and I'm so glad he has you to love him and nurse him back to health!  Praying for you both.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Me and my furkids send Gato lots of healing jingles !
Gato is young, if need be he will adjust. Have you ever read "Homer's Odyssey" by Gwen Cooper? Its an incredible story about a tiny black kitten who lost both eyes when very young. Best wishes for quick healing :-)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me and my furkids send Gato lots of healing jingles !
Gato is young, if need be he will adjust. Have you ever read "Homer's Odyssey" by Gwen Cooper? Its an incredible story about a tiny black kitten who lost both eyes when very young. Best wishes for quick healing :-)
No, I've never read the book, but I've heard of it. I'll have to see if it's available on my brand of e-reader. Thanks for recommending it.

So far Gato's remaining eye hasn't gotten any worse
  but it still doesn't look right. I'm gonna take him in for another recheck this week. The good news is that he's been a lot more active: he's been playing quite a bit more than he had been, and is starting to "act" like a kitten his age should.
He especially likes playing in the tub (he's in the spare bathroom right now till he gets better): I guess he likes it in there cuz things slide around better for chasing than they do on the carpeted flooring.

Thanks for all your vibes, y'all, and keep them coming! They seem to be working!

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad he is feeling better ! I know that the book is available for Kindle..... Enjoy Gato's kitten antics ! My Zoey is 3 and the bathtub is still her favorite place to play. Try a little superball it will drive him crazy....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad he is feeling better ! I know that the book is available for Kindle..... Enjoy Gato's kitten antics ! My Zoey is 3 and the bathtub is still her favorite place to play. Try a little superball it will drive him crazy....
I don't have a Kindle: My e-reader is a Kobo (an off-brand). I checked to see if the book was available, and it is. The next time I charge up my e-reader I'm gonna purchase the book.

Gato has several things to play with in "his" tub - one of them being a ball that has a bell in it. His favorite thing to play with is a straw - go figure.
  I guess he likes it cuz it slides around the best.