Please Send Mega Vibes: Randall's In the Hospital Again

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just now seeing this thread and I want to add my and prayers that they find out what the problem is and get it fixed!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm sending lots and lots of to you Randall.
Tons of big
too.
you, dear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got back from the hospital. They still don't know what's going on: they say it could x, y, or z - you know how it is. The doc is supposed to come in later on tonight with some test results.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When they get test results, they will know what to do to help him. Prayers are going out for him and you and for those kittens. I hope you can find a good place for them since you can't keep them.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TONS more
and TONS more prayers and I certainly hope the tests indicate the problem and that it is nothing serious...

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they find out what's wrong, and it's something that can be fixed quickly

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Randall came home from the hospital today.
I'll explain all what happened tomorrow sometime. I'm too tired to do so now (I didn't sleep a wink last night
).

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I don't know how I missed this... I'm so sorry! I hope all is well, or soon will be. Many healing vibes on their way!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad Randall is back home and still sending mega vibes you way. Hope the tests showed what the problem is and hoping it is nothing serious.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Come on, Tiff, we are waiting for an update. Hope all is well and he is doing better.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on Randall:

First off, they found out from the sleep study that was done on him about two weeks ago that he quits breathing about 38 times during an hour of sleep (he has sleep apnia)- which would explain part of why he's so tired all the time: he's not getting enough proper rest. The doc is gonna write out a prescription for him to get a new C-Pap, since his old one is basically shot. He also has a slight blockage in an artery in his neck: they said it's not too serious just yet, but it's gonna have to be taken care of soon. They're also adjusting some of his medications - mainly for the diabetes & blood pressure: they seem to think that his erratic blood pressure and elevated blood sugar levels are causing problems. They also said one of his lungs is elongated, which is having an effect on his breathing and all. They found a tumor, but said it's non-malignant.

I think that's everything. Thankfully, everything's treatable.
Now if I could just get him to quit sticking all that crap in his mouth that he eats, and get him to get off his butt and out of the recliner to get some exercise like he's supposed to.
I'm sure that would help quite a bit.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Update on Randall:

First off, they found out from the sleep study that was done on him about two weeks ago that he quits breathing about 38 times during an hour of sleep (he has sleep apnia)- which would explain part of why he's so tired all the time: he's not getting enough proper rest. The doc is gonna write out a prescription for him to get a new C-Pap, since his old one is basically shot. He also has a slight blockage in an artery in his neck: they said it's not too serious just yet, but it's gonna have to be taken care of soon. They're also adjusting some of his medications - mainly for the diabetes & blood pressure: they seem to think that his erratic blood pressure and elevated blood sugar levels are causing problems. They also said one of his lungs is elongated, which is having an effect on his breathing and all. They found a tumor, but said it's non-malignant.

I think that's everything. Thankfully, everything's treatable.
Now if I could just get him to quit sticking all that crap in his mouth that he eats, and get him to get off his butt and out of the recliner to get some exercise like he's supposed to.
I'm sure that would help quite a bit.
Glad to hear everything is treatable. Put rocks in his recliner.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who does the grocery shopping? If you do it, simply don't buy the unhealthy foods. Since I cannot have a lot of stuff now I don't buy it, even though my DH does like those foods, too. He needs to watch his blood sugar (he has issues with hypoglycemia, eating garbage makes him crash faster) and diet more now, too, with his GI issues.

I hope the new C-pap helps. That alone can cause issues everywhere else, such as with blood sugar and pressure, just because the body isn't getting to rest and heal itself how it needs to.
Good luck with the future stuff.