Please read and help! Urgent need for rescue and fosters for homeless cats and kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting at the vets. Ole Friendly Tom needs prayers and good vibes. Todd had met a couple that knew a little about him. They said he was between 5-6 years old. He was an inside cat for the first 6 months of his life until his owner moved out of the apartments and decided just put him out on the street...

Update

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Todd posted an hour ago he was on the way to the Emergency vet, posted a half an hour ago he was there, waiting on info.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update
This little guy has a severely infected scrotum that they think was caused by some sort of trauma. He is going to require surgery to remove all of the infected scar tissue. This morning they are going to give him a long lasting antibiotic injection, a pain injection ,clean up and trim around his bottom and scrotum area and send me home with oral pain medication to last til Monday. On Monday morning he will go Vulcan Animal Hospital to have the procedure done and be neutered. The doctor said he will have to be kept inside for about 2 weeks in order to heal up so I will board him at Vulcan. The charge for what they did today was $370.90. If you are able to help help with his vet bill it would be greatly appreciated!
5h

• kittytemtem

Is it possible for him to prolapse? It’s his scrotum not his organs right? I had something happen with a similar stray of mine in the anal area. I wonder if it’s from a bad diet or a dirty environment
    5h

katdadde

@kittytemtem yes, it’s his scrotum and the doctor thought it was caused by some sort of trauma.

-------------------------------------

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 K katdadde Get a large bowled spoon and attach it to a long handle. A dowel today or something like that. Use that to offer food to him from a little distance. That way you can put the spoon where it can teach into the collar. You might start with some slightly warmed Gerber Second foods all meat baby food. The scent of warm meat will be tempting and it is easy for him to lick from the spoon. It also is easy for you to scoop up and it may get him trusting enough to switch to cat food.