Please read and help! Urgent need for rescue and fosters for homeless cats and kittens

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a Desperate Emergency due to the weather. Recently I started following a gentleman named Todd Lehman on Instagram. He is feeding 65 or so cats in numerous locations within 5 minutes of where he lives in Homewood Alabama, near Birmingham. There are a couple of large colonies, a couple of small colonies, and several stragglers with seemingly more cats appearing everyday. He does TNR, gets them to the vet when needed, has feeding stations and shelters set up for them all. On Instagram he posts videos and photos of the kittys, quite a few who can be seen as very loving towards him. He feels that many were dumped or abandoned and that they could go to forever homes but he has nowhere to take them to be fostered or adopted out of. I had watched a video of a sweet little calico acting so bewildered as to why she was being put back outside away from warm and safe after her TNR and not wanting to leave the carrier to go back out on her own, it broke my heart and I resolved to help Todd find fosters if not adopters the best I can. There are two other colonies he knows about but the owners of the businesses where they are located want him to TNR but not feed, it’s so sad.
He applied for 501(c)(3) non profit organizations in October 2020. Still in process. He is so overwhelmed with collecting food, making sure all have shelters and are getting fed, trapping and transporting to the vets who are working with him that I offered to research help for him although I’ve never done anything like this before. Any help, advice and/or suggestions including guidelines for potential fosters and adopters would be greatly appreciated. Right now the need is greatest for getting the ones most ready for socialization off the street to a warm safe place.

With the wet and cold temperatures the need for rescue and fosters is urgent. If you can or if you know of anyone who can help please contact Todd, myself or Jcatbird Jcatbird
His 24hr Contact info is:
Todd Lehman
Animal Rescue Solutions Inc.
[email protected]
205-709-6599
He is katdadde on Instagram and TCS.

I’m Dustydiamond12 on Instagram.
Thank you all.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Please! Anyone who has ever seen the life of an abandoned, dumped or lost stray or any feral cat will understand the struggle these cats experience to try and survive. Right now the weather in his area is getting tough. Please do forward this thread anywhere you think you may find help for these kitties! One person doing this work is extremely difficult and I know that dealing with the numbers he has on his shoulders is exhausting. Been there too. Please help place kitties. There is a Maine Coon and so many other beautiful, precious lives at risk. If one that is social can be placed, he can focus more help on the others.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked at the weather there. Bad thunderstorms and rain for the next hour. Cold and windy. I know there was one kitten that lived under a dumpster until it was removed and then it was living under a port a potty, is the kitten still there? Has the port a potty been taken away too?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked at the weather there. Bad thunderstorms and rain for the next hour. Cold and windy. I know there was one kitten that lived under a dumpster until it was removed and then it was living under a port a potty, is the kitten still there? Has the port a potty been taken away too?
This was 13 hrs ago, looks like another dumpster has been moved in. One of the kittens had been captured
so this poor baby was all alone. Not sure if this one has been caught yet. Todd won't give up.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a Desperate Emergency due to the weather. Recently I started following a gentleman named Todd Lehman on Instagram. He is feeding 65 or so cats in numerous locations within 5 minutes of where he lives in Homewood Alabama, near Birmingham. There are a couple of large colonies, a couple of small colonies, and several stragglers with seemingly more cats appearing everyday. He does TNR, gets them to the vet when needed, has feeding stations and shelters set up for them all. On Instagram he posts videos and photos of the kittys, quite a few who can be seen as very loving towards him. He feels that many were dumped or abandoned and that they could go to forever homes but he has nowhere to take them to be fostered or adopted out of. I had watched a video of a sweet little calico acting so bewildered as to why she was being put back outside away from warm and safe after her TNR and not wanting to leave the carrier to go back out on her own, it broke my heart and I resolved to help Todd find fosters if not adopters the best I can. There are two other colonies he knows about but the owners of the businesses where they are located want him to TNR but not feed, it’s so sad.
He applied for 501(c)(3) non profit organizations in October 2020. Still in process. He is so overwhelmed with collecting food, making sure all have shelters and are getting fed, trapping and transporting to the vets who are working with him that I offered to research help for him although I’ve never done anything like this before. Any help, advice and/or suggestions including guidelines for potential fosters and adopters would be greatly appreciated. Right now the need is greatest for getting the ones most ready for socialization off the street to a warm safe place.

With the wet and cold temperatures the need for rescue and fosters is urgent. If you can or if you know of anyone who can help please contact Todd, myself or Jcatbird Jcatbird
His 24hr Contact info is:
Todd Lehman
Animal Rescue Solutions Inc.
[email protected]
205-709-6599
He is katdadde on Instagram and TCS.

I’m Dustydiamond12 on Instagram.
Thank you all.
Sharing to socials with gratitude to you.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I contacted Alley Cat Allies Feral Friends Network and have a list of rescuers in that zip code. Who knows if they are available to help but I am going to send it to Todd. Email title will be Feral Friends Request. This did not cut and paste well, but I assume that since this is public information about these people it is okay to post here and is a back up in case Todd does not get the email or can't open it.

Jacob Freeze(205) 936-4418• Assist with TNR
• Feed feral cats
• Give advice about TNR Provide referrals
• Relocation help
English Birmingham, AL3 miles

Kathy Stiles Freeland205-746-5855• Assist with TNR
• Transport cats to from veterinarian
English Birmingham, AL4 miles

Cassie Pate(205) 903-9649• Give advice about TNR Provide referrals
TEXT is best
English Vestavia, AL4 miles
• Feed feral cats
• Relocation help
English Leeds, AL16 miles

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I contacted Alley Cat Allies Feral Friends Network and have a list of rescuers in that zip code. Who knows if they are available to help but I am going to send it to Todd. Email title will be Feral Friends Request. This did not cut and paste well, but I assume that since this is public information about these people it is okay to post here and is a back up in case Todd does not get the email or can't open it.

• Feed feral cats
• Relocation help
English Birmingham, AL3 miles

Kathy Stiles Freeland205-746-5855• Assist with TNR
• Transport cats to from veterinarian
English Birmingham, AL4 miles

Cassie Pate(205) 903-9649• Give advice about TNR Provide referrals
TEXT is best
English Vestavia, AL4 miles
• Feed feral cats
• Relocation help
English Leeds, AL16 miles
:catlove:Thank you so much :clap2:I'd given Todd Jacob Freeze and Kathys Stiles names and numbers. He contacted Jacob who told him he hasn't done anything with cats for a couple of years. He left a message for Kathy but hadn't heard back from her. He is going to be seeing her at a luncheon on the 3rd with AL Spay and Neuter. It's great of you to reach out to Todd. He's a great friend to these kittys and I think he's been all on his own going out and about at all hours every day making sure everyone gets a decent meal. I belive the moral support really means alot to him.:heartshape:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is such a heartbreaking story. My own experiences with ACA FFN, sadly, has been similar to Todd's where the lists are not updated. Frankly, their ignoring of my request for advice only, no on the ground help years ago, is what brought me to TCS.

I hope that someone locally can help him. Having 65 cats definitely qualifies him, in my mind, for some recognition and help from some organization. The full list did include a little more info and I noticed the AL Spay and Neuter was there, but it was mostly down to those few people.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
This one only comes around about 2 times a week

These are on the comments:

neamanliepke

He is beautiful. He’s got to be a Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest cat. My 10 yr old weights 22 pounds. Most cats are like ballet dancers- thin we light. These big cats are more like football lineman- they are huge and all muscle. He just can’t be a stray. He’s just beautiful 😻

katdadde's profile picture
katdadde

@neamanliepke He’s a very big cat and I would assume he has been abandoned. I think a lot of the cats I work with have been left behind when their “owners” move on.

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a heartbreaking story. My own experiences with ACA FFN, sadly, has been similar to Todd's where the lists are not updated. Frankly, their ignoring of my request for advice only, no on the ground help years ago, is what brought me to TCS.

I hope that someone locally can help him. Having 65 cats definitely qualifies him, in my mind, for some recognition and help from some organization. The full list did include a little more info and I noticed the AL Spay and Neuter was there, but it was mostly down to those few people.
At Jcatbird Jcatbird suggestion I had reached out to ACA and all they did was send the list of folks in AL to contact. I've also emailed:

Hopeanimalclinic ‘Send us a quick e-mail’

Alabamaspca.org E-mail: [email protected]

Animal Assistance & Rescue Foundation
Birmingham, AL 35242
Email: [email protected]

Holmes Feline Clinic
Birmingham, AL 35243
Phone: 2058220692
Email: [email protected]

but none have responded

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Todd just messaged me on Instagram that his application for 501(c)(3) was approved. They made it retroactive to 1/1/21.
He still hasn't captured the final porta-potty kitten but he hasn't given up.
Good news on the app. *PRAYERS* for this sweet kitten to get scooped up and brought to safe haven!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad he got his status for non profit. Tell him to keep trying.
As for Kathy and other groups, you know I believe in a steady flow of messages. Make it so they answer just to get you to stop messaging if they can’t help. Weekly is how I did it. Kathy should at least have some ideas. Did you forward to him about looking at spaces in a wharehouse?