Please Pray For My Cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, thanks for asking! It has been one month since my moggy went blind. He's doing well, eating and drinking well. The vet is taking an awfully long time to come back to me regarding his test results though :(.
Hello- how are things?

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet called today. The tests for toxoplasmosis and cryptoccocosis came back negative. So now we have no idea what he has :(. The vet said it could be idiopathic.
I'm SO glad to hear your furbaby is doing well!!

Can you try calling, or even going in to the clinic maybe?

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It has been 1 month and 2 weeks since my moggy went blind. He had two episodes which scared the heck out of me as I thought they could be seizures, but the vet was not so convinced they were seizures ( trembling in his sleep, quivering/shaking for one second when he was awake). The opthamologist saw a new lesion in his eye (chorioretinitis), which could mean (based on my research)
1. It's just his FIV causing the chorioretinitis and it's not linked to the optic neuritis
2. the chorioretinitis is linked to the optic neuritis, raising the possibility that this is an infectious/inflammatory process instead of a tumour.

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been 9 weeks (10 this coming Friday) since my moggy went blind. He has an appointment with the opthamologist on 3rd October. Please pray that the checkup will yield optimistic results!

Joyloveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We had a consult with the neurologist the day before the MRI. He said that if it was cancer or a brain tumour in the area affected (I think it was the optic chiasm), they would not be able to operate or do much accept offer palliative care (Singapore has no radiotherapy for pets). Based on that, we decided not to go ahead with the MRI given the outcome if we did find something. He is treating my moggy's condition as optic neuritis. He gave him prednisolone for 3 weeks and also an antibiotic. He got him tested for toxoplamosis, cryptococcosis and FCoV. I asked him if it was likely cancer/a tumour if the tests came out negative and he said no, it could be something else causing optic neuritis that the tests don't show.

Status
Not open for further replies.