Please - One Of Our Own (hissy) Needs Our Help

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:help: Oh no....Hissy needs our help!!

Poor Hissy! While many of us know of Hissy's help that she has given countless cats, kittens and their guardians whether here at TCS, in her personal rescue work and via her website, www.kitten-rescue.com, many others weren't able to because Hissy has been scarce, recently completing the long journey seeing her beloved husband through his prolonged illness and death at home.
This terrible accident with her Maine Coon mix is heartbreaking....:bawling2:
Please, TCS family, consider helping "MA". You can PM me privately if you need to. :grouphug: "A trouble shared is a trouble halved"

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, many of us know Mary Ann. However, in keeping with TCS policy I'm obliged to post the Moderator disclaimer anyway.

Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my goodness. I just sent something to help. I'm so sorry to hear not only about poor Pidgeon, but also about her husband. I used to follow her blog, but somehow life just got in the way and I had no idea he had passed, although I knew he was in bad health :frown:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nothing as of this morning on her blog. Last news was her Vet needed to talk to her, and that was late yesterday afternoon. Nothing after that post. (she was worried about what he had to say) :frown:

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for posting this on behalf of Pigeon, I really appreciate it. This 2 year old Maine Coon boy is nothing short of extraordinary in every measure. Since Mike died in December, this kitty would not leave my side and the only reason he got outside over two weeks ago (and was missing for a week) is because he got scared due to a delivery man being an idiot. Long story. At any rate, he has had 3 surgeries now and has an incision that stretches down both back legs from paw to rectum. He is in a lot of pain and hasn't stopped purring since he got home, which contrary to popular belief- purring does not always mean they are happy. It is also their comfort button. The first vibration they feel when they are born and how mom guides them to her. He is purring because he is scared and in pain.

On the subject of my husband, Mike. I took him in on August 5 last year to have a "routine procedure" done on his remaining leg. They call it a leg ablation. They stuck him with over 30 needles and he went septic that night and I rushed him to the hospital.

The infection spread, creating a 70 pound mass in his groin and his heart started to act out. They did a temp. pacemaker but it didn't work, so they decided to do an angiogram but his body rejected the dye and his kidneys tanked. On Nov 12 they gave him 6 months to live and he was dead Dec. 10th. He died at home, in my arms and I miss him every day. Our 40th anniversary is arriving soon and I have yet to get through one day without crying.

So thank you, those of you who sent monies my way and please know that all funds will go on this huge vet bill. I did sign the papers to have Pigeon euthanized last week, but my vet told me not to give up on him. All I can say is I have no idea how this brave boy has endured all the pain and discomfort or how he is still alive, but he is. I'll pray for the day to come when he will once again hop on my chest and night, wrap his paws around my neck and purr me to sleep. That day is not here...…..yet.

Thanks again and hello to all the old-timers and Hi Anne! I do see PM's in my box, but I just never come here anymore so if I don't answer please don't feel slighted.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to ask you for your prayers on Friday morning. Pigeon will go for his (hopefully) last surgery on that day. They will keep him for a few days, because based on the past surgeries, it is two days after the initial surgery that his skin starts to swell and the sutures will pop open.

He looks so much better right now, compared to how he looked before, but he is still in pain and wearing his e-cone. I think he is tired of seeing me- because I am to clean his wound twice a day and dust it with special powder. Praying this coming surgery will be the end of all his discomfort and his cone will be able to removed by the end of next week. Thank you to those of you who sent monies and emails. Been dealing with this nasty weather and no power and burst pipes and all kinds of other wonderful things! :)