Please Need Support

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart, you did all you could and more, you gave her the life she wanted. You would bring honor to her name if you would open your heart to another little soul. She left you that legacy of love to pass on. Like a mother with several children, it is not the same, it can never be, but it would be precious and bring peace to your heart. And life to your home. i will pray for you both, take care........RIP sweet Lady, you will never be forgotten and will always have a special place in a loving heart. Sleep tight, little Princess!

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear!

I've lost a few kitties myself. I take comfort from knowing I tried to give them my best while they shared this world with me.

I'm with Di and Bob; maybe find a new friend? There are so many out there.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Godspeed over Rainbow Bridge, sweet Lady. The love that you left behind still warms the heart of your family, the love that they have for you shines through the heavens.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lady had an emergency and we had to take her in today instead of Tuesday to put her to rest. So incredibly heart broken. She has cancer throughout her body and today her retina also detached. One moment I feel at peace with knowing she's no longer in pain and the next my heart literally feels torn apart and I'm bawling like a baby. I go upstairs and it smells like her. How will I get past this loss. I miss my sweetie so much and will always love her.
I am so sorry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muffinz55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been over a month and although I'm doing somewhat better, I get pangs of sorrow and miss my baby so much sometimes. Tonight I just came home and cried as I have done every so often lately. It seems to have been triggered by looking at cats in the shelters...perhaps I am not ready to adopt quite yet. I feel that I only want my Lady baby back, not another kitty right now. My heart still hurts so much and I hate that she's gone.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: You cannot fast forward grief, that is for sure. I used to get comfort from the Roger Whitaker song " The Last Goodbye", especially the lines : O, they say the moment that you're born is when you begin to die; and the first time we said 'hello' began our last goodbye".
Maybe it is not a shelter cat but rather a street cat or an endangered cat who needs you. My disabled daughter's cat was from Craigslist, posted by a lady who was going into hospice - her little dogs had to go into the kill-shelter (there are way more dog rescues so hopefully they got rescued). Feral cat rescuers are often looking for good homes for their kittens - due to lack of fosters, babies cannot be "pulled" from the colony and thus grow up wild.
The magnitude of grief that you know now is the magnitude of love that Lady knew from you, and she still knows!

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All I can say is give it as much time as you need. When you are ready then the right cat or kitten will find you. It's okay if you're never ready too. I know all too well the pain of losing an animal that filled your life. However the memories are still there and I truly believe that our lost fur babies watch over us and only want the best for their humans.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that being surrounded by cats during my time of grief certainly helped. They sense something is wrong and seem to try their hardest to distract you. And they did. You won't feel love enter your heart right away, in fact I tried my hardest NOT to let another little one into my heart. But the slow process of healing is helped with keeping your mind busy and your home full of wonderful little distractions. No, it will never be the same, but will grow into something wonderful and precious in it's own right. There is always room for love in a broken heart.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for what you are experiencing. Trust me, I absolutely know how you feel. I still cry over Meela, who I lost on April 4th. The pain was excruciating and I wasn't sure if I was going to live through it or if I would ever stop crying. The truth is, you will live through it, but your tears will fall. I still cry over her, especially when I go talk to her at her grave. My story is probably too painful to read and it's quite long. There was one thing I did that helped and that was a letter I wrote to her. I know I repeated myself on many days, apologizing and telling her just how much I loved and missed her, but it was a way to get things out. I am not saying you will stop crying or the pain will go away. It's just another way to get your feeling out.

Your heart is broken and no matter how many cats you have or that come and go, none will replace your special one you are grieving over. But like Di and Bob said, being surrounded by them during grief does help. They are very smart and are receptive to the pain we feel. Mine surrounded me and just were there in my lap and on my bed as way of them letting me know they were there for me. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I didn't have any of them to help me.

I am still not over Meela and there will always be a huge hole in my heart for the love for her lives. I now have a baby girl kitten, her sibling, that is white like she was and could very possibly have the odd eyes she had. Even if she doesn't, I hoped from the moment I found out that her mom was pregnant that I would get a little white girl and I did.
So the day she was born, I already loved her.

She will never be Meela nor will she ever replace her, but she keeps me busy and happier than I have been. I have something to look forward to. If that makes any sense. Ivy has started to bond with me, which is a little hard to do with her brothers and sisters running around. She now looks for me and hollers at me when I walk near their kennel. They are in a kennel with their mom when I am not home and at night. When they are out, all hell breaks loose.

They are now 6 weeks and are experiencing the world outside of where they sleep. I over think things sometimes and find myself getting a little misty-eyes worrying about what their lives will be like after they leave my house.

Anyway, my point is that you will be ok. This site is an excellent place to be, too. I never thought I would ever need comfort, guidance and support for losing a cat, as I have loved and lost many in my life. Meela's story was different from all the rest and I made a decision to put her down after listening to her doctors. It's a decision I regret and always will after finding out that I made that decision abruptly and should have researched things more. Even writing this, I find myself tearing up.

Come here when you need us and I am sure there will be someone listening. Hugs to you!!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that this heartache is still hurting you, and it will, it takes quite awhile and we never really get over it, like Bruce Springsteen sang in "Tunnel of love" "we just learn to live with what we can't rise above", we just kind of adapt to the situation but we never really heal 100%, our hearts are full of scars from the past deaths of our little ones....

This morning Sylvester was following me around quite a bit, trying to coax me into the kitchen to give him treats, then jumping up on the end table; I was petting him and scratching his neck, and he was blinking at me and his eyes were just so deep and wet, he was just looking at me so affectionately, and as I was petting him and thought about how much he means to me and what he represents I thought about all of the sad cases on here about cats passing on, I thought about ours who have passed on, and I thought about how I will certainly be a wreck when his time comes, but all I can do is take care of him the best I can and enjoy him while he is here, but I'll be terrible when that day does eventually come, just as I was when the others passed...but we somehow, with time and love and the grace of God do feel better, but it always takes a piece of our heart with us when we lose them, but we will gain that piece back when we see them again.

I hope you feel a bit better each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart: