Please let us know if you're seeing any changes to ads

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not seen any tonight. Honestly, I pretty much ignored them anyway. One made me laugh because it was selling Labradoodles. Wrong market! IF I were buying something like that, it would have to be a Catadoodle. ;)

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I use ublock so I don't see any ads. I just don't like all the trackers and crap they leave on your device. I've also had many that are too flashy or are video ads.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for the additional reports, everyone! The ad network says they tweaked the settings to prevent these from coming in. You may need to clear your cache for the new settings to kick in.
If you're still seeing them after clearing your cache, please let me know.

Thank you for your patience and my apologies for the glitch.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think this could be a different issue. It's not an intestitial ad, but a footer ad covering the page (which should not be happening but is not the same code, if that makes sense). I'll report this one as well. Thank you for letting me know!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how to take screenshots, but it happens all the time. I just got one that said something like "When you support our advertisers, you support us. Thank you." And it pops up right over my Alerts box and I can't see my Alerts. And I can't X it out or move it. So annoying.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I don't know how to take screenshots, but it happens all the time. I just got one that said something like "When you support our advertisers, you support us. Thank you." And it pops up right over my Alerts box and I can't see my Alerts. And I can't X it out or move it. So annoying.
That sounds really strange, and maybe even suspicious. I can't see why our ad network would ever deliver something like that, making me wonder if this could be some adware on your computer.
I'm afraid we can't do much about that without a screenshot. Nothing to chase down, unfortunately.
Here's how to take a screenshot on Windows. If you could capture that one, I promise to try and find it and squish it out ASAP. :geekcat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1677424163526.png

Is that how you take a screenshot? I'm practicing. I never did that before!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Anne Anne ,

I got this ad right smack in the middle while browsing from my iPad. It’s the same ad but it just go round and round with different informations about the program.

IMG_0408.png

IMG_0407.png