Please Help!!!!!!!

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay .. here I go explaining all about LILO again.
But no one answered my first post about her.

I bought a kitten from a pet store (I know stupid idea, but I DO NOT REGRET HIM AT ALL). Well when I brought him home and he had his first bowel movement ... it had alot of blood in it. To make a 3 week long story short.... he ended up with COCCIDIA. Which in return he shared with my 13 month old pregnant cat (LILO). The kitten has been on ALBON for 3weeks and seems to have gotten rid of all of his COCCIDIA. Where LILO has been on ALBON oral for 1 week and 1/2. And has also had 2 ALBON shots. The vet has been a little aggressive on her treatments b/c he is trying to get rid of all of her COCCIDIA before she gives birth. She does seem better. Her 3rd eyelid is a little better too. And I never see her use the bathroom b/c she goes next door somewhere.

She seems mad. I mean I know her and I really think she is mad. I just am not sure why. She has gotten used to the kitten. She sleeps cuddled with him sometimes. And when he crys .. she runs to find him as if she wants to help him. But he trys to play with her and it makes her mad. If I try to pet her .... she gets up and walks away. But sometimes she will let me pet her. Last night I was rubbing her belly and I bent down close to her face and I was talking to her and I told her I am sorry she is sick and I wish I knew why she is mad. I told her I love her very much and she is still my favorite.
She did the sweetest thing next. Something she has not done since we got the new kitten. She looked at me and she put her face close to mine. As if she was saying "thank you". It was so sweet. And I was so happy b/c she used to always be lovey like that with me.

My question is-- Do you think she is mad b/c of the kitten. Do you think he bothers her and she just wants to be alone? Also, my cats stay in our storage room. And I let them out during the day. They come in the house during the day but they do not eat in the house or have a litter pan in the house. I LOVE cats but my husband and I just don't like litter pans in the house. That is why my cats do not stay inside our house.
So I dont know how to seperate them.

catlover411

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well first, I think that it is a WONDERFUL thing that you did talking to your cat. I did that to my cat and she seemed so happy.

I do not think that the reason your cat is mad is because of the kitten. She is pregnant and with my cat, I noticed that her mood changed a lot. It is just a coincidence that the kitten's arrival is the same time as her preganancy. I really do not know, but this is my thought.

Good luck!

Natasha

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't get me wrong, but I think you will need to get a litter pan for her while she is nursing the kittens - you cannot risk/ask her going out at that time. If you get a covered one you need not look at it if that is what bothers you. ANd looked after properly, they do not smell.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatLover411

Well first, I think that it is a WONDERFUL thing that you did talking to your cat. I did that to my cat and she seemed so happy.

I do not think that the reason your cat is mad is because of the kitten. She is pregnant and with my cat, I noticed that her mood changed a lot. It is just a coincidence that the kitten's arrival is the same time as her preganancy. I really do not know, but this is my thought.

Good luck!

Natasha
AWWwww, Thank you.
You have made me feel better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Don't get me wrong, but I think you will need to get a litter pan for her while she is nursing the kittens - you cannot risk/ask her going out at that time. If you get a covered one you need not look at it if that is what bothers you. ANd looked after properly, they do not smell.
You are right. But everyone has things that they do like in their home. And litter pans are one of them for me.
The smell is not what bothers me about them.
We live in a house where pretty much every room is connected. (Every room is accesible from one to the other).

I have 2 small children one of them which is too young to understand that eating kitty poop is bad. And she does put EVERYTHING in her mouth. As a matter of fact she has actually already played with the kitty litter out in the cats room. Every chance she can get. I couldn't imagine how I would have to watch it in the house.
Also, connected to my house is a LARGE storage room that we have dedicated soley to our 2 cats. There are 2 litter pans in there. One for each cat. And once LILO has the babies I intend on keeping her in that room. (Not letting her out during the day like I usually do). Main reason is because I now know how soon she can get pregnant again.