Please help

Catladyrach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone I really need your help! My cat is 100% pregnant and has been checked by a vet, but he has said he is unable to give me dates! I thought she was ready to give birth this week on my dates I found her! She escaped all night on the 6th March and I found her with a tom cat.
But the problem I have is her nipples are very large but not pink, so the vet says she is only may only be 5-6 weeks, but her stomach was swollen 4 weeks ago and have seen kittens moving inside for 3 weeks, im very confused, she isn't very big at all, in general she is a dink, but her stomach isn't huge either I just put that down to a smaller litter. Please help any advice would be very much appreciated

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is 59 days pregnant. Cat pregnancy runs 63-68 days, so she has another week or so to go. She may be having a small litter. An x-ray would show how many kittens and an approximate gestational age. Your vet sounds inexperienced with pregnant cats. Please plan a spay for mom when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I agree, she has another week at least. She is most likely having a small litter, I would say two or three. All the luck and bless you for helping her.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catladyrach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is 59 days pregnant. Cat pregnancy runs 63-68 days, so she has another week or so to go. She may be having a small litter. An x-ray would show how many kittens and an approximate gestational age. Your vet sounds inexperienced with pregnant cats. Please plan a spay for mom when the kittens are 8 weeks old.
Hi thank you for getting in touch, yes she was due to be spayed in January but they cancelled again, and now this has happend, as the vets cancelled due to shortage in vets, tried numerous others but unfortunately all the same, they have actually said that once she has had them they will emergency spay her, but thank you for your help with regards to the time-line very much appreciated 😊

Catladyrach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I agree, she has another week at least. She is most likely having a small litter, I would say two or three. All the luck and bless you for helping her.....
Thank you so much, yes I want her safe I love her, just unfortunately problems with vet shortage around the area and cancelling spay appointments very frustrating and I tried my best to keep her in and safe but she was to sneaky

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She must not be spayed for 6-8 weeks after giving birth though. That’s terrible about the vet shortage in your area! Please do keep us posted on her progress.

Catladyrach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so pleased you said that, because they said about getting her in 5 weeks after birth which I thought was odd, thank you for you help and yes I will let you all know

Catladyrach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will 100% make sure she does not escape blimey it's gonna be hard lol

Catladyrach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HI everyone, so we have had nesting, pacing meowing and that was since yesterday around 2pm that started and now lost mucus plug this morning, and she hasn't left her box now, so think the time is close, not sure how long