please help

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my two cats are soo sick! please help! they both don't eat nor drink. they hallucinate, they're lethargic and just hiding.I took only one to the vet, but i only found his assistants. they said it is just a flu. they gave him two injections one of
corticoides and i forgot the second. when back home he got worst. I call the vet and message him but he doesn't answer me! the one I took to the vet is more sick he doesn't move at all and he just throws up. The vet let me down. my only hope is you!

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should try another vet.

What is your location? Maybe somebody here knows a vet who can help?
(You don’t have to be specific. Just what country or what city you live closest to.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think you should try another vet.

What is your location? Maybe somebody here knows a vet who can help?
(You don’t have to be specific. Just what country or what city you live closest to.)
Thank you for replying. I will take them to another vet tomorrow. unfortunately I am from a small town in Morocco, north Africa. We don't have much vets here in my town, there's like only 3 or 4. I will try a vet tomorrow, hopefully he won't be an as*hole like the one I visited and he will know their specific illness as well as cure.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my town in Pennsylvania, USA, there are vets who specialize in cat care.

Our vet is a farm veterinarian who works with horses and cattle but, because most farms in this area have cats in order to control mice, she has a lot of experience with cats. She has several cats of her own. That’s why we chose her.

Her clinic isn’t the fanciest place in town. It’s basically a storefront of a barn. She’s a practical, no-nonsense kind of a vet who doesn’t spend a lot of time making “nice talk” when she should be concentrating on taking care of your sick cat. She says what she thinks and she means what she says.

In Morocco, I don’t know much about the kind of vets there are but, IMO, choosing a vet is more about communication and relationships than it is about niceties.

Hope you find a vet who is right for you.

Thoughts and prayers be with you!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
H helpmykittensplease , how old are they? Are they kittens or adult cats? For both of them to be so sick, it seems they must have gotten into something bad. You can try using an eyedropper or needleless syringe to get some liquid and food into them if it's been more than 24 hours since they have had anything to drink or eat. Can you get some unflavored pedialyte? That would be good to give them. Just give it to them slowly into their cheek pouch. Also, you can try rubbing a little bit of karo syrup or honey on their gums to give them a little boost. Then get them to a different Vet as soon as you can. Is just the one who already saw the Vet throwing up, or both of them?

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
H helpmykittensplease , how old are they? Are they kittens or adult cats? For both of them to be so sick, it seems they must have gotten into something bad. You can try using an eyedropper or needleless syringe to get some liquid and food into them if it's been more than 24 hours since they have had anything to drink or eat. Can you get some unflavored pedialyte? That would be good to give them. Just give it to them slowly into their cheek pouch. Also, you can try rubbing a little bit of karo syrup or honey on their gums to give them a little boost. Then get them to a different Vet as soon as you can. Is just the one who already saw the Vet throwing up, or both of them?
Thank you for replying. sadly both of them died. Thomas died in Tuesday and Gold died today. My third ca Tger, she's sick too. I need your prayers for her! took her to the vet as well. I noticed something in their ears and told the second vet, then he said they have some ear infections. Gave them some anitbiotics injections, as well as anti-inflamatory, vitamines and sodium ones. When back home, I cleaned their ears 3 times a day and put antibiotic cream on them. feed them with a needle, every two hours. but nothing helped. Losing them like that was a shock to me.I didn't stop crying the whole day my head hurts soo much from criyng. and no one understands me! no one mourned with me or say anything, except few in my family. One of my brother in an argument said that he didn't give a sh*it about Thomas death. and said that he doesn't mind if Gold and Tiger died as well, how cruel is that? what kind of brother is that? My father is cruel as well he made my life in hell and didn't care about ther death at all, he kept mocking me and yelling at me because I'm crying of sadness. I need your prayers for her! I still can't believe it.

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for replying. sadly both of them died+ another kitten died of the same disease, he was just 2 months for God sake! all his 4 kitten siblings are sick as well! I have no money left to cure them! My father kept threatening me to throw them outside, indeed one of my brothers did so. Today, I heard from him that the he found the kitten dead. I lost three cats and worried about the others, while my cat Tigers is still sick. I feel like sh*it! Thomas died in Tuesday and Gold died today. My third cat Tiger, she's sick too. She's soo sweet! I need your prayers for her! took her to the vet as well. I noticed something in their ears and told the second vet, then he said they have some ear infections. Gave them some anitbiotics injections, as well as anti-inflamatory, vitamines and sodium ones. When back home, I cleaned their ears 3 times a day and put antibiotic cream on them. feed them with a needle, every two hours. but nothing helped. Losing them like that was a shock to me.I didn't stop crying the whole day my head hurts soo much from crying. and no one understands me! no one mourned with me or say anything, except few in my family. One of my brother in an argument said that he didn't give a sh*it about Thomas death. and said that he doesn't mind if Gold and Tiger died as well, he actually said he wished If they die, too. Well Gold died after his words. He didn't care at all spend the day laughing and having fun as If nothing happened.how cruel is that? what kind of brother is that? My father is cruel as well he made my life in hell and didn't care about their death at all, he kept mocking me and yelling at me because I'm crying of sadness. I need your prayers for her! I still can't believe it. I'm living in Morocco, where human lives don't matter, let alone innocent animals! I'm living a nightmare rightnow. Sorry If this was soo bad to hear but I needed someone to hear me. Please answer me all. I need your help and mourning. ):

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We here at TheCaTSite value the lives of cats so much, and I am so very sorry for the loss of your little ones. If you post their loss on our Crossing the Bridge Forum Crossing the Bridge, many people will help you mourn their loss as well. lus writing a tribute to them might help you feel a little better. , We are a community who tries our best to help cats and their owners out, but sadly, we can't change the way other people think. It's so sad that you aren't getting any sympathy from your brothers and father, but as you said, in your country, that's the way it is. Maybe some day it will be different.

Now that you have added more to the picture and we know other kittens from the same litter have died, I'm wondering if the Mama cat has passed something on to them that is causing this? Do you know about who the Mama cat is? Is she sick? I'm guessing that is the real issue here. And if it is, any future litters she has will probably be in danger as well :frown: Tiger (and if there are any more remaining kittens) may very well have an ear issue, but that does not kill kittens. Something else is going on. Not know what it is, we can't be of much help. But maybe that antibiotic shot will help, and of course, you feeding her every few hours might help.

I will pray for Tiger, and you have all my sympathy for both Thomas and Gold. I like to think they are now at the Rainbow Bridge, where all animals go when they pass. I have several there myself who are now whole and healthy again (in my mind if nothing else)

Rest in Peace, :rbheart: Thomas :rbheart:, and :rbheart: Gold :rbheart:

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We here at TheCaTSite value the lives of cats so much, and I am so very sorry for the loss of your little ones. If you post their loss on our Crossing the Bridge Forum Crossing the Bridge, many people will help you mourn their loss as well. lus writing a tribute to them might help you feel a little better. , We are a community who tries our best to help cats and their owners out, but sadly, we can't change the way other people think. It's so sad that you aren't getting any sympathy from your brothers and father, but as you said, in your country, that's the way it is. Maybe some day it will be different.

Now that you have added more to the picture and we know other kittens from the same litter have died, I'm wondering if the Mama cat has passed something on to them that is causing this? Do you know about who the Mama cat is? Is she sick? I'm guessing that is the real issue here. And if it is, any future litters she has will probably be in danger as well :frown: Tiger (and if there are any more remaining kittens) may very well have an ear issue, but that does not kill kittens. Something else is going on. Not know what it is, we can't be of much help. But maybe that antibiotic shot will help, and of course, you feeding her every few hours might help.

I will pray for Tiger, and you have all my sympathy for both Thomas and Gold. I like to think they are now at the Rainbow Bridge, where all animals go when they pass. I have several there myself who are now whole and healthy again (in my mind if nothing else)

Thank you for your reply. Well,I think as well that their mother infected them with something, she

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you for your reply. I would love them to be in a peaceful place where they're healthy, loving and happy again 😪. I hope they are in the Rainbow Bridge. I miss them soo much and it hurts soo much. Their mother is an outside cat, she keeps going out and back at home. I took her to the vet gave her injections against diseases, but I couldn't stop her from going outside because she wanted to breede. I have no money to do for her the operation so she stops giving birth 😔 that's why she gave birth the second time. Thomas, Gold and Silver are her sons from her first pregnency. Gold and Thomas died at 7 months, Silver, the handsome little kitten, I lost him way before when he was 2 months 😪, The vet didn't help him as well. I tried my best. Now all her sons of her first pregnency died, Silver, Thomas and Gold. how sad. two months ago she gave birth to her second babies. my father kept threatening me to get them outside but I couldn't. I kept fighting with him the whole day. I couldn't throw them like that in the streets, so I contacted an animal rescue organizations, and told them that I will bring them the kittens and their mom, they agreed, but they are far away in anther city. i convinced my brother to take me there, but my "beloved father " intervened and took the cars key so we won't go! He said that he will just throw them and he won't let us take them to another city just for cats! I kept crying that whole day, nothing helped.Then they all got infected, and when Tom died, my brother took them and their mom and abandoned them far our home in somewhere in the city, where I can't find them. When Gold died too and begged my brother to burry him somewhere, because my father wanted to just throw him in the trash! but I couldn't I loved Gold soo much, I wouldn't do it ever. Anyway, when my brother went to burry Gold he found one of the 2 months kitten dead as well alone and cold in the street 😭 that broke my heart too. so all in all I had 9 cats and kittens at home and overnight I lost them all, but Tiger! she's a fighter, and I pray that she gets better soon! She's the only cat I have left. She's soo sweeet and kind! Tiger is the same age as Gold and Thomas I found her in the neighbourhood, very hungry, skinny and sick. I took her and got her to the vet. she's with me now for about six months. She loved Thomas and Gold soo much. they had a pure connection of love. Now Tiger is sick and mourning the loss of them as well. I need your prayers for her please!

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You are still feedng Tiger every few hours with a syringe, right? What are you feeding her? Did one of the Vets give you a "recovery" food to use? And have you also tried putting a little bit of honey on her gums. Sometimes that gives them a little boost of energy. Also, is she eating or drinking anything on her own? Is she doing any better after the antibiotic shot and the vitamins, etc.? Did they test her for anything other than the ear issue?

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are still feedng Tiger every few hours with a syringe, right? What are you feeding her? Did one of the Vets give you a "recovery" food to use? And have you also tried putting a little bit of honey on her gums. Sometimes that gives them a little boost of energy. Also, is she eating or drinking anything on her own? Is she doing any better after the antibiotic shot and the vitamins, etc.? Did they test her for anything other than the ear issue?
The vets here are sh*tty, he didn't give me anything, they know nothing to do but to give the poor kitties injections. She started eating by her own, but then couldn't do it, then I gave her her food mixed with a little milk, and a bit of salt and sugar for energy boost, mixed all and feed her with a syringe, but she refuses to eat like that, then I gave her some food, she ate a little bit and drunk some milk and water. treated her ears for the third time this day, then put her to sleep. Hopefully she will be better tomorrow. She is better than before, she could walk and move a bit faster. She ate a little by her own, I hope she gets well and survive this thing. No, they didn't test her for anything, as I said, the vets here are losers, they only care for the money. Unfortunately.

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I meant put her in her bed, so she can get some rest! I still don't know how to use this site, how can I delete a reply, that I don't want?

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You should have an edit "button" at the bottom left corner of your posts. It disappears some time after you post something...not sure how long it is available. If it's not there, just do what you are doing and write a 2nd post.

Be careful feeding her milk. Cow's milk isn't good for cats. It can cause digestive issues. However, goat's milk IS good, so if that's what you are feeding her, then all is well. Also, since you aren't feeding her a recovery food, what is it that you are feeding her? Is it some sort of kitten food? Do you not have access to honey? Is that why you are using the sugar? Not sure it will work the same as honey or syrup rubbed on the gums. If ingested, it's going pretty much straight into the stomach, so the effect is different.

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You should have an edit "button" at the bottom left corner of your posts. It disappears some time after you post something...not sure how long it is available. If it's not there, just do what you are doing and write a 2nd post.

Be careful feeding her milk. Cow's milk isn't good for cats. It can cause digestive issues. However, goat's milk IS good, so if that's what you are feeding her, then all is well. Also, since you aren't feeding her a recovery food, what is it that you are feeding her? Is it some sort of kitten food? Do you not have access to honey? Is that why you are using the sugar? Not sure it will work the same as honey or syrup rubbed on the gums. If ingested, it's going pretty much straight into the stomach, so the effect is different.
Hello, so yeah unfortunately I only have cow's milk. I will look for goat milk and gave it to her, in the future. Yes, it is the soft conserved kitten's food; I put it in the mixer, add some milk, water, and a bit of salt and sugar. Yesterday and today, she ate by her own, so I needn't to feed her by the Syringe. She is better today, moving, jumping and eating by her own. overall she looks better. I hope she gets even better. I thank you for your prayers, they must've helped her.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Not all people have the kind heart that you have. More of the pity for them. They do not get the privilege of cat love returned. It’s a very special thing and they have no idea what they are missing. Blessing will follow you for the tenderness you have given these kitties. I can assure you that everyone here cares and we add hopes, healing vibes, love and prayers. :grouphug2:

helpmykittensplease

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Not all people have the kind heart that you have. More of the pity for them. They do not get the privilege of cat love returned. It’s a very special thing and they have no idea what they are missing. Blessing will follow you for the tenderness you have given these kitties. I can assure you that everyone here cares and we add hopes, healing vibes, love and prayers. :grouphug2:
Thank you for replying, indeed I can't fathom how people can be this cruel towards animals! And what hurts more is that they're my family who are supposed to stand by my side, support me and mourn my loss. My cats were very kind and sweet, they gave all of us the love and affection, how can my family gives hate, cruelty and lack of empathy instead? It hurts me, but \i comfort myself by knowing the fact that I loved my cats truly and with all my heart. It doesn't matter if they didn't care about them, I cared about Thomas and Gold. I loved them and they loved me back soo much as well and that's enough for me. I thank you all as well, you understood what I'm living these days and you supported me. Your prayers help me be stronger everyday. Thank you!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can’t chose our families but we can chose our friends. You will find many others here who also empathize and know exactly how important the bond between you and the kitties. We also understand that you have the best thing that life can ever give. True Love.