please help?..

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello! i'm not sure how to write this because i'm so bad at explaining things, sorry. but anyway, this is elsa, she's 3 years old.

IMG_20191214_152557_4~2.jpg

so, two days ago, my mum noticed something.

IMG_20200926_191545_4.jpg

it looks swollen, i don't know what happened, and i hope it's not bad..

my mum and i are fostering 4 kittens right now. and my cats, elsa (female) and rio (male), seem to like the kittens a lot. they've been spending so much time with the kittens. my both cats are fixed, but the kittens keep trying to nurse on them, that's why elsa's fur there looks weird..

so i'm thinking it could be that one of the kittens scratched her? the vet won't be here until tuesday so we can't take her to the vet right now.. please tell me what i can do

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It appears to be a minor abrasion, shouldn't be anything to worry about :). But of course, if it starts to look worse definitely call the vet. You could put a bit of triple antibiotic ointment on it, but if the kittens are nursing it might not be the best idea.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If that was caused by the kittens trying to nurse from her, I hope you can find a way to stop them so she can have some time to heal. It will need to be stopped in order to prevent further irritation/wounding. Use distraction techniques, such as giving them something else to suckle - perhaps a blanket, a sock, or a toy that is safe for them to 'gnaw' on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
It appears to be a minor abrasion, shouldn't be anything to worry about :). But of course, if it starts to look worse definitely call the vet. You could put a bit of triple antibiotic ointment on it, but if the kittens are nursing it might not be the best idea.
thank you!
i've been putting the ointment the vet once gave me when my other cat had a swollen paw. so for now, i guess it looks kinda better than yesterday. she also doesn't look like she's in pain and she's eating normally too!

i'm also keeping the kittens away from her for now. they'll go to their new homes in few days

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. If that was caused by the kittens trying to nurse from her, I hope you can find a way to stop them so she can have some time to heal. It will need to be stopped in order to prevent further irritation/wounding. Use distraction techniques, such as giving them something else to suckle - perhaps a blanket, a sock, or a toy that is safe for them to 'gnaw' on.
alright, thank you for replying!

i'm keeping the kittens away from her for now