Please help!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Disclaimer :
I'm not so sure with cats that are feeling weak and lethargic as I remembered many years ago I had a 6 week old Poodle and her whole body was limp and lifeless when I carried her in my hands and I brought her to the vet and was told that she had Parvo Virus and the vet did nothing to save her. So I quickly brought her back to the breeder and told them what the vet said the breeder said that it cannot be Parvo Virus and if it is, the virus will wipe out all the puppies in the kennel by then.

So he said leave the puppy with them and they called me few days later and said that my puppy was fine, 'come and bring her home'. She was so happy when she saw me. I asked the breeder what did he do? He said he gave her some Glucose water (glucose : a simple sugar which is an important energy source in living organisms and is a component of many carbohydrates) and she was alright after the stay.

I do hope your kitty get wet soon. Sending her :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Disclaimer :
I'm not so sure with cats that are feeling weak and lethargic as I remembered many years ago I had a 6 week old Poodle and her whole body was limp and lifeless when I carried her in my hands and I brought her to the vet and was told that she had Parvo Virus and the vet did nothing to save her. So I quickly brought her back to the breeder and told them what the vet said the breeder said that it cannot be Parvo Virus and if it is, the virus will wipe out all the puppies in the kennel by then.

So he said leave the puppy with them and they called me few days later and said that my puppy was fine, 'come and bring her home'. She was so happy when she saw me. I asked the breeder what did he do? He said he gave her some Glucose water (glucose : a simple sugar which is an important energy source in living organisms and is a component of many carbohydrates) and she was alright after the stay.

I do hope your kitty get wet soon. Sending her :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
I’m going to try that, just maybe for a bit of energy. It’s so hard seeing her like this. She got up just a bit ago and walked around, but she’s right back in her bed. Thank you so much, we need all the love we can get. :heartshape::hearthrob:

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I put the baby food in a dish and she’ll lick some of it. I’ve tried to get her to eat a piece of sardine from my hand, but she refused.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’d be worried about dry FIP if there was no response to antibiotics...

Also if you can get the vet to give fluids and B12 that will probably help. Sometimes sick cats will still lick nutrical or eat human baby food - the gerber chicken or beef ones are good, just make sure they only have meat, cornstarch, and water as ingredients.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, did they do bloodwork? A high FCOV titer doesn’t necessarily mean FIP, there are better diagnostics to look at.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try putting a little food on your finger, gently open her mouth by pressing where the jaw hinges and scrape the food onto her tongue, and repeat. A butter knife (that has no serrations or sharp edges) or a popsicle stick or tongue depressor can help with this as well.

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I put the baby food in a dish and she’ll lick some of it. I’ve tried to get her to eat a piece of sardine from my hand, but she refused.
I’m thinking about using the syringe with KMR but I don’t know what to do. I don’t k
Try putting a little food on your finger, gently open her mouth by pressing where the jaw hinges and scrape the food onto her tongue, and repeat. A butter knife (that has no serrations or sharp edges) or a popsicle stick or tongue depressor can help with this as well.
ok I’ll give it a try. Thank you

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, did they do bloodwork? A high FCOV titer doesn’t necessarily mean FIP, there are better diagnostics to look at.
Trust me I’m terrified of it being FIP. I’m just hoping not, I’d be just devastated. She licks the baby meat, and will not take nutracal. They didn’t not do blood work, my vet just examined her and said it was URI and gave an antibiotic shot. She has since just gotten slightly worse, which to me, and maybe I’m incorrect but a URI shouldn’t take a cat down like this. I’ve never had any of my cats sick either, so naturally I’m worried sick and trying to find any answers, hope, and help.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trust me I’m terrified of it being FIP. I’m just hoping not, I’d be just devastated. She licks the baby meat, and will not take nutracal. They didn’t not do blood work, my vet just examined her and said it was URI and gave an antibiotic shot. She has since just gotten slightly worse, which to me, and maybe I’m incorrect but a URI shouldn’t take a cat down like this. I’ve never had any of my cats sick either, so naturally I’m worried sick and trying to find any answers, hope, and help.
I’m sorry you’re going through this but it sounds like you’re doing the best you can for her!! It definitely seems more severe than a URI should be.

If you can get blood chemistry done (and maybe a CBC) that would probably be helpful even if it’s just to rule out FIP, as an albumin/globulin ratio of above .8 is extremely unlikely to be fip.

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry you’re going through this but it sounds like you’re doing the best you can for her!! It definitely seems more severe than a URI should be.

If you can get blood chemistry done (and maybe a CBC) that would probably be helpful even if it’s just to rule out FIP, as an albumin/globulin ratio of above .8 is extremely unlikely to be fip.
Thank you, I’m just a mess of tears, it’s not fair. I’m taking her first thing in the morning to the vet and see if we are able to learn something. I’m also noticing when I’m trying to feed her and she licks her eyes begin to water and she sneezes and sounds congested in the nose, and won’t have anymore. :-(

Bookish1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You might try getting the bathroom nice and steamy, turning off the shower, and sitting in the bathroom while the steam dissipates to help clear her nose. You could also try plain baby nose drops in her nose to help clear some of the mucus.
Will do that, thank you.