PLEASE HELP!!!!

Richi3sm0m

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I signed up for this website just to get a bit of help on what kind of cat this is. I saw it once two years ago and have never stopped thinking about it .does anyone know what breed and coat pattern it is ??? Breed would help out a lot. His facial markings seem very unique but maybe they’re more common than I know. Thanks for any help !!! Also his paws are white!!
2AD6DAF5-5A24-410F-B133-A3F2ADC90730.jpeg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Richi3sm0m

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thats what I thought at first but it’s face was very round so I’m not sure! His white cheeks are super cute though!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowshoe lookalike. . .maybe part Ragdoll. He's probably a domestic shorthair with a little Siamese heritage; that pattern isn't terribly uncommon in the general cat population.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm assuming this is not your cat, since you said you saw it two years ago. Did you see the cat in person, or just the picture?

I would describe this cat as a seal point and white domestic shorthair. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not "mixes" of breeds.

Genetically, a seal point and white cat, like this one, is almost the same as a black and white cat, except that it has two copies of the recessive colorpoint gene. The colorpoint gene originally came from the Siamese breed about 70 years ago, but at this time the gene is widespread in the domestic cat population and doesn't indicate recent breed ancestry.

The white spotting gene is also widespread in the domestic cat population, and is responsible for a variety of white markings, ranging from cats with just a little white (like a "tuxedo" cat) to cats that are mostly white ("van pattern").

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Richi3sm0m

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is not my cat but I did see it in person! Thank u so much for your help !!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That above tells nicely about the pattern.
The cat is most probably a domestic, as most cats are.

But if you want to compare her to some established breed, the british shorthair are probably the nearest.
They arent renown for being points, but I suppose there are pointed british shorthairs too.