Please Help !

Kyloe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HELP! Please help me determine her breed , she is 6 months old. I can’t be sure but I think she’s an tawny Egyptian Mau. She’s so fast it’s ridiculous, she has a flap from her knee to her abdomen, she doesn’t meow it’s more like chirps or barks and other different sounds unlike my other cat ( domestic short hair black and white ), she plays fetch consistently and well for long periods of time, she jumps really high and is tall with long legs, her tail is very long and goes up and curves slightly forward , her energy level is amazing we play for hours before she’s worn out she follows us closely and is veeerry affectionate, she rubs her face all of our faces nose to nose and is soooo loving. If any other info would help please feel free to ask - considering a dna test but unsure at this point in my research if they are able to give a breed.
36E282A2-AABC-4F2A-967C-C466C38EFB43.jpeg
3AE45234-C83F-4E4C-8A85-023FF4554950.jpeg
1DB90366-B2A0-4A97-A6E2-2D9DA6ACF828.jpeg
CCC57864-6271-4A32-B48C-B62F057F3526.jpeg
276D4A54-4C63-4E32-8271-6A90FD267AB5.jpeg
B2B0A6C2-3E58-4ECC-9C67-392966368826.jpeg

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s so pretty! I would describe her as a brown mackerel tabby and white Domestic Shorthair. I’m not seeing Egyptian Mau in her, but she is adorable, anyway!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitty is absolutely adorable! I would describe her as a brown mackerel tabby and white domestic shorthair. It's normal for mackerel tabby cats to have some of their stripes broken up into spots like that, but you could also call her tabby pattern "broken mackerel" if you want to emphasize how she has both stripes and spots.

It's normal for a 6 month old kitten to be fast, super active, and slender. She is a gangly teenager right now! She might continue to be an extra active kitty as she matures, or she might slow down around age 2. Behavioral traits are not a reliable indication of breed ancestry in random-bred cats. Each cat has its own unique personality.

The Egyptian Mau is a very rare breed, has a spotted tabby pattern (not broken mackerel) and doesn't have white markings. The broken mackerel pattern is frequently seen in domestic cats, and doesn't indicate specific breed ancestry. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kyloe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you ! She’s amazing no matter what breeds she’s crossed with :) but tabby refers to a cats coloring not breed so what breed is she ?

Kyloe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are the big ears and pointed instead of rounded face normal ? And she doesn’t meow she chirps or barks kinda; I’ve just never had a dom short hair that’s looked and acted like this

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not "mixes" or "crosses" of breeds (unlike dogs). Most cats are simply domestic cats, so we call them domestic shorthair or longhair depending on coat length.

There is a lot of variety in the domestic cat gene pool! Domestic shorthairs come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and colors, and can have all kinds of different behavioral characteristics. Each one has its own special combination of traits.

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am very much in the know pretty much nothing about cat breeds and such, but, my little black and white tuxedo (I am pretty sure that is what you call her color) DSH makes all sorts of sounds. She chirps, and trills, and warbles, and all sorts of things, and is very much a straight up domestic short hair.'

Kyloe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aweee she is adorable !! :) she has a similar build too! I had no idea Cats weren’t as breed specific as dogs ! Thank you all so much !! Our little Gypsy is a mackerel tabby domestic shorthair :) whew that’s a mouth full lol