Please Help :(

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
lmao why do cats have to do these weird-ass things that make us worry so much??? When I was giving her meds before we had to hospitalize her, she was foaming at the mouth and I was just like NAGINI PLEASE it's just a pill.

Results from the biopsy came back normal. No trace of lymphoma or related issues. Since she's on steroids, and since they only did a small needle biopsy, they could have missed it and/or not gotten an accurate sample, but the vet thinks this whole mess was a just an atypical URI where it's mainly focused in her throat.

Nothing else to do right now but try to get her to eat if she wants or use the feeding tube if she doesn't. All in all, good news for today.

Thanks to everyone for the good vibes. I know they're helping!
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::sickcat::goodluck::grouphug2::grouphug::hangin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Treapalmer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This morning, Nagini was very excited about Fancy feast with tuna juice drizzle and she ate about 1/4 of the small can! Her breathing seems a bit better today too. Poor girl is very sleepy and hasn't pooped yet, but otherwise doing well I think. :cheerleader:

Hoping she poops today, because I don't want her to get constipated on top of everything else.:bigeyes:

Treapalmer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nagini is doing better still today. She had a looseish stool yesterday and another overnight, LOTS of pees, and this morning she gobbled up 1.5oz (half a can!) of Fancy feast and tuna juice!!! I tried blending it into a slurry for her so it would be easier to swallow and she loved that

Hoping the recovery is better still tomorrow!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Nagini is doing better still today. She had a looseish stool yesterday and another overnight, LOTS of pees, and this morning she gobbled up 1.5oz (half a can!) of Fancy feast and tuna juice!!! I tried blending it into a slurry for her so it would be easier to swallow and she loved that

Hoping the recovery is better still tomorrow!
:clap2: :vibes::vibes::crossfingers::crossfingers: :poop::poop::goodluck::clap::heartshape::touched:

Treapalmer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just updating:

Nagini got her etube out yesterday! I wanted to keep it in longer, but she had been scratching at it almost nonstop and would rather have it professionally removed than her tearing it out :kneading:

She is doing SO GOOD tho. Eating on her own for over a week without any appetite stimulants, interested in ALL foods again, drinking water, and overall just being such a happy kitty. The vet said since she's doing so well it wasn't an issue to take the tube out.

Her stool is still loose, but vet said that could be due to medications (steroids) and we should keep an eye when she's done with all that, which was since last night. So hopefully she'll poop better in the coming weeks.:cutecat:

For now, she's doing very well, and I'm hopeful she doesn't ever have to go through that again. I think all of her trauma was in fact just a really, really bad URI and sore throat.