Please Help!!

Laurie Macgowan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am in the final stage of emphysema and need a heart valve transplant but cannot be put under because of how bad my health is. I am being sent to live out my time with my family in S.C. and can't take my cat with me. I have searched everywhere for a home for her but nothing has transpired and I have to leave by Monday. Please if anyone can help me with a home for my 5 year old short hair female tuxedo cat "Bear" I would really appreciate it. Thank you. I am in Vacaville Ca.

Please contact me by PM if you can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoyceB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@Laurie Macgowan
I`m so sorry about your health hope you get well soon. But I want to ask can`t you take your cat with you? She will missed you. She may not want to go to other homes where she will not see you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laurie Macgowan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much, Bear is a sweetheart and I'm going to miss her.
@Laurie Macgowan
I`m so sorry about your health hope you get well soon. But I want to ask can`t you take your cat with you? She will missed you. She may not want to go to other homes where she will not be with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laurie Macgowan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would take my Bear with me but my parents rent and the landlord does not allow pets. I am living with them because I am dying and unable to care for myself anymore. I have no other choice but to try and find her a home.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a non-kill shelter near you? If there is, perhaps they can find a foster home for your baby.. A lot of them deal with cats who were given up for specific reasons.

I am so sorry about your health. It really stinks that you cannot take your cat with you..

Have you thought of having your doctor write a letter to your parents landlord stating that your cat is your 'therapy/service' pet?

Then, you would have time to have your landlord get accustomed to having a cat in the apartment, or you/your parents can look into the
no kill shelter's ... and foster parents.

(((Hugs))) and all the best to you...

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Laurie,
I have just sent you a pm and just in case I'm repeating it here:

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your health condition and your need to part with your cat. Here is an address of a non-kill shelter in Vacaville which I hope may be of help:

I live in Montevideo, Uruguay otherwise I would have taken your kitten.

With my best wishes.

Golondrina

Behind the clouds is the sun still shining

Last edited: