Please help!!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may be too injured to come to you at this point.  She may be unconscious.  I doubt that she ran very far.  Cats leave their scent to find their way from one place to another.  Since you just brought her to your home, she doesn't have any scent trail to follow.  She is lost right now and won't know which direction to go.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

She may be too injured to come to you at this point.  She may be unconscious.  I doubt that she ran very far.  Cats leave their scent to find their way from one place to another.  Since you just brought her to your home, she doesn't have any scent trail to follow.  She is lost right now and won't know which direction to go.
The above is true.

The only thing to do, is do an entire search, and search again.
This was around 3 pm today

I guarantee u 100% if she hears me calling shell come. I know her.
The problem with putting up a trap is that tgw streets are full of strays
Since you know her, and she will come to the call of your voice...then you don't need a trap.

You just have to go out, with food, and be patient, sit around and wait. Call her.

It may take hours, but you have to think of all the places that she could manage to walk to, and hide.

If she is hurt, then she will be hiding.

Even if other strays show up for the food, then at least you could observe where they go, and look for places your cat might have gone to.

All you can do now is Search.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dccc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Will do .. ill keep you all posted

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I see it is 6:39pm and just after sunset in Cairo.  We'd all appreciate any news.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any photos? Put the photos on posters with your phone number and email address at the bottom and put "lost" at the top. Attach the posters to hydro poles and public builtin boards.

Also make a post on Facebook, Twitter and any other social media you have.

Ask around if anyone has seen her.

dccc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At the same spot there was a cat. Same exact color! But much more agressive and a big head and half of his tail is cut off. Wont let me come near him too

No use puttinh up posters where i live..besides nearly half of the stray cats look like her

Im still looking

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this is why I put collars on my cats. in case they somehow find a way out, there's a lot of strays here, don't want to confuse them. I really hope she's okay. best of luck.

basschick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
when i look for cats who get out, i offer a can of tuna.  best of luck finding peaches...

javi3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. It sounds like you love this cat and are doing good things for her. But I want to be really straightforward with you. You need to learn and study about cats so you can truly be the best owner you can for them. You need to understand that cats, even the super docile ones, will react agressively to fear. Its completely normal for a cat to bite and scratch if they feel threatened, especially if they've been traumatized or hurt in some way in the past like this one has. We as humans might not always understand what makes them act out, but to the cat, their reasons are legitimate. I know you said you feel bad for kicking /chasing the cat away, but you have to always make a decision beforehand that no matter what, you will never hurt or scare an animal even if it bites or scratches. As a pet parent it's so important not to take out our own aggression on an animal no matter what we are feeling at that moment. I'm not sure if you actually kicked the cat, or just kicked at the cat to scare it away, but in my honest opinion, if you actually kicked the cat herself, you should not be owning a pet yet. It would be best to give her to another home. I don't understand about the playful choking that you say you did earlier with her. These things are causing me to be alarmed. You sound like you do love this cat, but please examine in yourself whether you might have agressive tendencies. Animals will act out, I've gotten scratched and bitten by cats and it's easy to take it personal and natural to retaliate, but we just can't do that with animals. It betrays their trust, hurts them way more psychologically and we won't have a full filling bond with them.

I wish you and Peaches the best.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the same spot there was a cat. Same exact color! But much more agressive and a big head and half of his tail is cut off.
I'm getting the impression that there are no animal cruelty laws in Egypt. 

Keep looking, dccc.  At least you are here asking for help and learning about cats, and not out breaking their legs and cutting their tails off.

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's really sad that she is out there injured.
You might need some cat fencing or mesh for your deck it you find her.
I have had cat return after a month so don't give up to soon.
Can you call some local vets and aminal contoll, to see it the have her?
Also I think you migh need to work on your cat basics. If a cat is fighting to get down let them. And try again later . Run a low warm tub with cat not in room then coax her in with treat or your playing voice and gently lower her in. Have the shampoo open and ready and towels there apply shampoo as soon as cat is wet rinse with the sink water add more if need but don't try to shove the cat under running tap.
Also try to take a deep breath when your upset with your cat that has scratched you in fear doesn't need to be Punished.
I have a biter and I can't help but scream if he really sinks in his teeth. But we don't hit him .
You also seem worried about getting ill from cat; a bite that really breaks the sink can get infected and so you should seek medical attention if it is red and especially if that spreads.
And in a rare case a scratch will cause a infection called cat scratch fever; the symptoms mostly being feeling really sick like a flu and a high fever. Some redness at [emoji]128542[/emoji]scratch site.
In the 38 years I have been scratched by cats this happened once to me and it was a small puncture scratch from an 8 week old.
That was 25 years ago [emoji]128522[/emoji]
I hope [emoji]127825[/emoji] peaches tures up!

dccc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has just vanished!that male cat that kinda looks like her looks really evil. Im pretty sure hed kill her if he ran into her. And shes a stupid little kitten like she never fights or anything at all. She just hides everytime. Even that day she bit me , she was hiding afterwards. She did hiss for the first time in her life, like usually whenever someone wld punish her by tapping her head like a weak slap. Shed close her eyes and sit still eotj her ears down thats why i was so surprised and shocked she was hissing and biting as soon as she was healthy and her leg was better.
Idno what to do? Theres no shelters or anything like that over here, nobody cares about cats at all
Wnd the strays in the neighbourhood are all big and fit and they all have that evil eye like a tiger kinda. She has no chance!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has just vanished!that male cat that kinda looks like her looks really evil. Im pretty sure hed kill her if he ran into her. And shes a stupid little kitten like she never fights or anything at all. She just hides everytime. Even that day she bit me , she was hiding afterwards. She did hiss for the first time in her life, like usually whenever someone wld punish her by tapping her head like a weak slap. Shed close her eyes and sit still eotj her ears down thats why i was so surprised and shocked she was hissing and biting as soon as she was healthy and her leg was better.
Idno what to do? Theres no shelters or anything like that over here, nobody cares about cats at all
Wnd the strays in the neighbourhood are all big and fit and they all have that evil eye like a tiger kinda. She has no chance!
She's not stupid; she is trusting and has been abused.  Please read comment 71 and take it to heart.  I hope you find her, and I also hope you learn to listen to your cats in the future.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I think it's been more than 48 hours since she fell off your balcony?  I'm still having a little trouble converting time-zones, but I think 2 days is right?

I think the best possible end to Peaches story is that some kind-hearted soul found her lying injured a couple days ago, took her to a vet, and is keeping her.  The other possibilities...don't even have any good purpose to consider.

dccc...I know you loved her, and I know you don't have much, if any, experience owning cats aside from Peaches, but your intentions were good.  I believe that you kicked at her as an instant reflex to her seriously scratching you, because you did not know when to put her down and didn't realize that even the sweetest kitty will bite hard and scratch deeply if you don't know the signs that they don't want to be held or carried.  Chasing her when she was already mad and frightened was another mistake, but I believe that you know that now.

It's possible that Peaches will turn up, but after two days, I doubt it.  If she does turn up, remember the cat golden rule:  We don't train cats; cats train us.  Be gentle with her and don't ever force her to sit on your lap or be carried if she doesn't want to.

If you are interested in owning a cat, please read everything you can find about cat behavior before taking in another one.  It sounds like their are some people in Egypt who are very intentionally mean to cats.  You are not one of them.  You just need to learn a little more about cats.  I really do believe that in the future you can turn out to be a very good cat person and offer one a good home.  You wouldn't be here asking for advice if that were not true.

javi3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you haven't found her. Like Talking peanut said, Peaches isn't stupid, she is just not fighting back because she has been abused. Being a kitten especially I can imagine how alone and helpless she has felt. A human being abusing her, or even a stronger cat is overwhelming to her. She's actually being intelligent by not fighting back. She knows because of her size, there is no way she can defend herself and when she just sits there and closes her eyes, she probably has some sort of hope that by not fighting back, the abuse will not escalate or become worse.
Your post has caused me to read about how there are no animal abuse laws in Egypt and I'm sure this is why you have witnessed Peaches and other cats being treated cruelly. I read too, that some children aren't taught right from wrong about hurting helpless animals and this is sad. I believe Peaches came into your life for a reason. When I looked at the photos of her on your lap, she looked SO loved and happy. Maybe she came into your life because she knew you have a good heart towards cats and that maybe you can encourage and teach the people you know in your life, or even strangers, that loving an animal is far better than hurting one. Maybe you can be an advocate for cats somehow. The fact that you said that nobody cares for cats around there shows me that because you do, that you have something special in you. You just need to learn some more about them, that's all. We all make mistakes with animals sometimes, we just have to vow to be better. I hope you get another chance with Peaches, but if you dont, know that she taught you something very special, and she may have felt love for the first time because of you.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes:Prayers that Peaches comes home to you. And as others here have already recommended, do some research on caring for cats. That is so sad that cats in your country have no legal protections. It is bad enough here in the USA where there are laws against animal cruelty.