PLEASE HELP!!!!

Melissa0904

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Keep doing everything you are doing. He might make it. I understand not everyone has money for a vet and it is very unfortunate. We have a vet in our area that is super low cost and when I mean super low, I mean like, literally nothing. They are an old couple that just wants to help. With that said, if you had not have picked up that kitten and tried, he would have surely died. As of right now he is alive. Just keep one loving on him. If he does cross the rainbow bridge, just know you have done EVERYTHING you humanly could. Also, take a little peace in knowing he/she found someone that cared, even if for a short time. I hope this kitten makes it. I agree he does need to go to a vet and maybe if you post online, someone will take him who can afford to take him to a vet. Maybe a Go Fund Me on facebook? Just for the vet bill? I would donate what I could. I think we are all barely surviving at the moment. They have to have shots for sure at this age so help the chances of survival. I am also new to being a kitten mommy. I have a stray that showed up a couple of months ago and decided to take up residence on my front porch. She had 9 kittens which is a little large for a stray semi-feral cat. I have had to nurse them almost every two hours along with the mommy. I now separate them so they will keep gaining. Do you have a scale?
OMG... I just found that that post was old! LOL

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Princess is doing great, and my little girl as well. I live in a no-pets-allowed apartment with my husband so they’re living with my parents still. I have not seen them since march but I get pics and FaceTime every other day. This picture of Anubis is the most recent one. I hope everyone is holding up well.
FA8A8276-A02E-4D3E-8CE5-44EFAAE6DB1E.jpeg

E6D84F43-205A-400E-AADE-F79671DFED79.jpeg

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I was actually on here last night reading the whole thread from the beginning. I actually started on Friday but barely finished it last night. I missed TCS!

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I was so respondent... LOL I do want to read the whole thread though.
It’ll take you about two days hehe I re-read the whole thing on Friday and just finished last night. I found myself cringing at some of my comments because I felt like I sounded so desperate and needy😳

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, you were desperate to save Anubis. Your dad really helped when he took you to the vet. You felt powerless with such a sick cat. Looking back is always interesting. It allows us to see how much we’ve learned and how far we’ve come. Your thread is a snapshot of where you were emotionally at that moment in time. I love that you pop back in to update us here and there. We share your story - a little slice of an important part of your life - your kitties! :catlove: :agree::heartshape:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’ll take you about two days hehe I re-read the whole thing on Friday and just finished last night. I found myself cringing at some of my comments because I felt like I sounded so desperate and needy😳
you were fighting to save a precious little life; and you did it. I have so much respect for all that you did for the little guy

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 I remember when my parents (mostly my dad) was against having a second cat which I believe is why he didn’t really want to help, but I know he also felt bad for the little guy and gave in. After that whole incident we actually started fighting over him because he wanted to take him to bed with him but I wanted him to stay with me. 😂 and i remember he would take him to his room and lock it so I wouldn’t go in there to get him back😂 and till this day when my dad is about to go to bed he takes Anubis with him.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I found myself cringing at some of my comments because I felt like I sounded so desperate and needy😳
You *were* desperate, and a bit needy, as you were looking for a miracle to save that poor helpless kitten. But it's not so much your desperation I remember, but your passion and optimism. I still remember laughing when you posted about either the first time he pooped, or maybe washed himself. You were *so* proud of him. :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump:

Melissa0904

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You were! But if you didn't then who would have saved that kitty? I thought it was a sweet thing you did. I am new myself. My stray cat had 9 kittens! I find myself so worried about their growth! I am having to feed them along with her.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I don’t know how to explain it. It’s one of those where future me would tell myself at the time “girl, calm down. Freaking out isn’t going to help you help him. Relax, get your mind straight, and think clearly.” It’s one of those things. Then again, that was 5 years ago, I was younger and uninformed. My mentality has changed and I learned how to manage stress better.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
😍 Anubis is still as gorgeous as ever, and how wonderful that he's wrapped round your dad's heart too.
Hope you manage to get in to cat friendly accommodation soon: you must miss them terribly. 😢. I know I'd be desperate without Mouse.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
😍 Anubis is still as gorgeous as ever, and how wonderful that he's wrapped round your dad's heart too.
Hope you manage to get in to cat friendly accommodation soon: you must miss them terribly. 😢. I know I'd be desperate without Mouse.
Oh hey mservant mservant ! Great to see you! 😁 how are you?! we face time Anubis and princess sometimes. They always seem so confused, as if they’re wondering where my voice is coming from and why am I on a screen😆 Anubis has turned in to a lazy cat though. Every time I would visit he would always be asleep. But my family says since I moved out he’s mostly been active at night and can hear him making noise😂 he still does not like being held or cuddled with. I don’t know why that changed as he grew if back in his kitten days he’d voluntarily climb on my lap and allowed himself to be held.😒

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, what a mean kitty. 😢😂

I find the best way to get fur time off Mouse is to ignore him and look completely absorbed in something else. As soon as I pick up my lap sized tapestry loom and start working I find a large, chubby ble Mouse slithering up on to me, pushing in between the loom and my body to demand head butts. 😂

Attachments

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, what a mean kitty. 😢😂

I find the best way to get fur time off Mouse is to ignore him and look completely absorbed in something else. As soon as I pick up my lap sized tapestry loom and start working I find a large, chubby ble Mouse slithering up on to me, pushing in between the loom and my body to demand head butts. 😂
Awe, so cute 💙 well, ignoring Anubis has never worked either. He would ignore me harder, he does not care🤣 only when he wants food will he rub against us. He does, however, rub against my daughter even when he doesn’t want food, and I’m ok with that😊

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Newest member: Meet Aslan!

A little backstory: his momma came to me and brought her 2 babies with her: him and his brother. At first they were scared of me, and always ran from me. But eventually they warmed up to me, and there was something special about Aslan. He seemed more attached to me than his mom and brother. My neighbors ended up keeping his mom and brother, but I kept Aslan. He’s so sweet and I love him and he loves me. Next week he is getting his cherries snipped!
My other cats, Anubis and princess still reside with my parents. And they are both doing well as well!
C8125C77-643A-4DDF-A5A1-41C2C6C485D0.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, I well remember Anubis and Princess! Asian is adorable! Glad he is getting neutered.

I love Asian’s “half-mustache”!

So good to hear from you!