Please help us save Thomas 😞

debbiedis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone- I volunteer with a nonprofit cat rescue Stray Cat Relief Fund, based in the Philadelphia area. We help a lot of sick and injured strays.

I was notified of a very injured and emaciated cat laying in the street. Someone swooped in and picked him up and we offered to help with his medical.

Thomas has a broken jaw from a traumatic injury and has been hospitalized in University of Penn since 3/20/21. He’s already had one jaw surgery but he wasn’t doing well during the surgery so they had to hurry and splint it not completing what they set out to do.

Thomas has had a rocky recovery but HE’S SUCH A FIGHTER AND STRONG BOY! He’s fought so hard and has gotten so much better and stronger. He needs another surgery this week to finish the repair since the bone separated. His bill so far is around $19,000 and with the surgery will be around $30,000 😞.

The sadder part is that this sweet little boy was an abandoned pet from the local city shelter and is microchipped with no response from his former owners.

I’m wondering if you kind souls would help us raise more money for him. We are a 501c3 nonprofit so your donations are tax deductible and safe.

His whole story is on the Facebook link and he has a huge following on their with dedicated fans and supporters. Please donate and share for him if you can. We have a Facebook Fundraiser and a Giving Grid (I just started the giving grid) for him along with our Venmo and PayPal. The links are below and I thank you very much 🧡.

Venmo - @straycatrelief
PayPal - [email protected]
Please note for Thomas

Facebook:
Giving Grid: Help us save Thomas 🧡

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/linking/fundraiser?fundraiser_id=1794106107429948

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debbiedis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Facebook link wasn’t showing above

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Thomas is exactly the type of cat I'd adopt. I'll share his story wherever I can.