Please Help Us Pay For our cat’s veterinarian bills and special food

Lidia_Lipińska

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We desperately need help with our cat, so can you please share this link.
It will help us pay for vet bills that are way over our budget.
All the informations are on the linked site.
Please help.
Thank you

Attachments

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
One thing I was wondering that might help, would it be possible that you could learn from your veterinarian how to give the liquids and medications at home?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
L Lidia_Lipińska , I have had three cats with kidney disease, so I know what you're going thru. But I will tell you that we gave our cats their sub-q fluids at home rather than taking them to the Vet for them. It's so much less expensive to do it that way, and since there are two of you at home, it should be a lot easier than if it were just one of you. All you need is a prescription for the fluids. Your Vet should be able to provide everything you need, or you can order the needles and IV set-ups via the internet for probably cheaper (that's how I did it). Most pharmacies can fill the prescription for the fluids. I don't know what medications you are getting, but as mentioned above, you should be able to give those at home, possibly along with the sub-q fluids. We gave our cats injections too, those are so easy, easily than giving pills, IMHO. Actually our cats rarely went to the Vets. Mainly only for bloodwork every 6 months or so. I would call if we needed a refill on a prescription, or if I wanted to try something new, and our Vet would normally agree to let me try it.

Anyway, this is a link to a website that was my "go to" for everything kidney related: Give it a read. Warning, it's VERY DETAILED, but has some great information in it, including where to order supplies, etc. It has info for the U.S. and Europe. You might also pay attention to the section on food. My cats never ate the kidney diet food, they simply didn't like it and our Vet said it's better that they EAT, so to feed them what they like rather than give them something they won't touch. Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - What You Need to Know First

If you have questions specific to the kidney disease for your furbaby, you might want to start up a new thread over in our Health Forum.

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: