Please Help! My cat is fading...

candy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, it all started when I took my cat, Max, to the kennel. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...&threadid=3368
He lost weight and he hasn't been putting it on since we brought him back. He's eating but not very much. I'm starting to get very worried about him. The biggest problem I have is that he has food allergies and I don't know how to put weight on him. He can't eat certain foods, Nutro, Science Diet, etc. because of his allergy. I really have no idea what to do. My vet suggested free feeding him which hasn't helped at all. Do any of you have suggestions that can help me? TIA,
Candice

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd take him to the vet to rule out any disease he may have contracted while you were boarding him. Also, he'll be able to help you figure out what you can feed him since he has food allergies. Is he eating at all?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Dawn. He has already been to the vet for tests and he is perfectly fine...just underweight.He can only eat foods with a proper protein/carb ratio such as Medical Hypoallergenic Feline. He is eating but only about half of what he should be. He's also a young cat, only 2, if that helps any.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It really depends on what he is allergic to. There's a few things you could try, but you said he can only eat the one food. Are there any other symptoms that go along with not eating? What tests did the vet perform during the visit?