PLEASE HELP! My cat ate dog gummies!

Helpmycatategummies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Two of my cats broke into a drawer while I was gone and I found that only two had ate at least 100, 200mg gummies between the two of them. I will have the vet money by the end of this week but until then I don't know what to do, or if my cats will make it. Nothing odd yet and they seem very normal, but both are males and one is upbeat and chipper, while the other is a bit more tired but still is excited about food. This happened maybe..3 hours ago and nothing yet what do I do, please tell me if they'll be okay. To be specific it's Nutri*vet senior vite chewables for dogs. Please what do I do will they be okay

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are you in the US? You can call poison control for advice: (800) 222-1222 If I remember correctly, I think I know of someone who called there for an animal, but there was a charge. Not sure how much.

I see ASPCA also has a poison control number, and it looks like it is specifically focus on animals, so it might be better: (888) 426-4435

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Helpmycatategummies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is this the product? Our best senior dog vitamins optimize the health and well-being of senior dogs.

If it is, there's nothing in the dog chews that would harm a cat. It's just a vitamin supplement. At most, your cats would have an upset tummy for a day or two.

Your post subject says "insulin gummies". Insulin is not available in gummy form.
Yes that's the product but a little different, why would it say on the container 200mg insulin? I checked on them and there's been no changes in their behavior and they both drank a lot of water.

Helpmycatategummies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you in the US? You can call poison control for advice: (800) 222-1222 If I remember correctly, I think I know of someone who called there for an animal, but there was a charge. Not sure how much.

I see ASPCA also has a poison control number, and it looks like it is specifically focus on animals, so it might be better: (888) 426-4435
Thank you for the advice I'm going to call the ASPCA line if either starts to show signs of anything other than normal.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't see insulin anywhere on the label. Insulin is not measured in mg nor is it sold as an ingredient in a vitamin supplement product. Insulin is prescription only and sold without any other ingredients other than what is necessary for production. Where did you buy the product from? Can you post a picture of the label where it says insulin?

The ASPCA poison control hotline charges a fee. Here is the free poison control hotline:

Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital 1-785-532-5679

Your vet has an after hours voicemail message. Listen to the message and call whoever is listed for emergencies.

Helpmycatategummies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't see insulin anywhere on the label. Insulin is not measured in mg nor is it sold as an ingredient in a vitamin supplement product. Insulin is prescription only and sold without any other ingredients other than what is necessary for production. Where did you buy the product from? Can you post a picture of the label where it says insulin?

The ASPCA poison control hotline charges a fee. Here is the free poison control hotline:

Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital 1-785-532-5679

Your vet has an after hours voicemail message. Listen to the message and call whoever is listed for emergencies.
Thank you for the hotline and tips, my vet who saved my cat before has and will never have an emergency help service as she's very selective and strict, the other vets I see often misdiagnose them and in my town have killed some of my other pets from negligence or improper care and instructions, so I only trust my vet to not hurt my cats. I'm in a small town in the US texas panhandle btw. Here's the image of the insulin on the ingredients.

Attachments

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s inulin. Not insulin. I believe it’s a fiber of some sort

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't feel bad :grouphug: It's easy to misread things when you're in a panic. No harm done to the cats from eating these dog treats other than a possible upset tummy. You may want to put the dog treats in a secure food storage container and put it into a cabinet or even in the fridge to prevent the cats from eating the treats again.