Please Help Me

Stanguy25

Newatthis
Kitten
Purraise
I found 3 kittens in my yard. About 10days old. 1 of the babys bit the tip of bottle nipple off. Hasn't pooped since she did it almost 2 days ago. Im a complete wreck! Please tell me what I can do at home. Vets are booked for next 2 weeks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stanguy25

Newatthis
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, Let me see if I can find something ...
On checking other threads, posts by our kitten experts indicate that she should pass the tip pretty soon. Is she still eating?
She is still wanting the bottle. She has only eaten wet kitten food a couple of times. Its been almost 2 full days and still no poops! She usually goes 1 or 2 xs a day

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I know some of the kitten 'experts' will come along soon and offer you their opinions, but in the meantime, here is a link to many posts on this site just so you know how very common this is. Most of the time, there is no issue, but of course every situation is going to be a bit different.
Search Results for Query: swallowed nipple | TheCatSite

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Contact the vet and ask for some kitten safe electrolytes. DO NOT just mix any random electrolytes or guesstimate dosage on your own. Increasing her electrolytes by mixing it in with some milk can help loosen her stool. Have you tried stimulating her with a warm wet cloth or tissue?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tip of a rubber nipple SHOULD pass safely through. Stimulate her bottom like said above, even run warm water over it while stimulating. Definitely call the vet and ask about giving a tiny dose of Miralax, or some Karo syrup to stimulate her bowels. make that vet aware this is a life and death situation and demand to know a dosage safe for her or that they see her. Make sure she is getting plenty of water. Please keep us informed!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nipple tip will pass eventually, but these kittens are way beyond ten days old. Teeth come in at 4 weeks, and if they are eating wet food they may be 5-6 weeks, so no longer need a bottle.

They should be able to lap kitten formula from a dish, and eat a slurpy gruel of pate-style wet food mixed with formula. Add a few drops of olive oil to each feeding to help bowels move. They need feeding 6 times a day now, and dry kitten chow for snacking. Are they using the litter box?

Please post a picture(s) of the kittens. Thank you for saving them. S Stanguy25