PLEASE help me save these kittens!

tastesxlikexemo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i need help. meet sister and brother emmy and oscar- she's the blue one, he's the lil orange guy. these two adorable kittens are currently in a kill shelter, meaning that they will be euthanized unless someone adopts them. their deadline is THIS FRIDAY. :cry: i'm sure all of you are cat people, and i don't know how anyone could look at these cuties and condemn them to death. they've never even had a real home or anyone to love and spoil and play with them. i can rescue them and give them a good and loving home, the problem is that rescuing kittens can be expensive. each of these little babies has to be taken from the kill shelter, taken to a vet to have their shots and treated for any fleas or diseases it might have, and boarded or transported to where it's adoptive parents can pick it up. if you don't think this is legitimate, you can check out the website that tries to match these kittens up before they're put to death: Last Chance

each kitten's total costs come to $175 each, but they only require a $75 deposit for these little sweethearts to be taken out of the kill shelter, so i need to come up with $150 by friday...i know that with help i can do it and at least save 2 sweet little lives. iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not asking for $150 from one person, but if I can get 10 people to donate $15, or 15 to donate $10, or 30 people to donate just $5, these two sweet babies can have a chance at life and a loving home. every little bit helps, and remember...it's not for me, it's for these innocent little sweethearts.

emmy

emmy and oscar will love you forever if you help save them!

if you are interested in helping by making a donation to save oscar and emmy, please send me a message and we can work out a way for you to donate.

thank you!!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please review the responses on your other thread.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68635

Unfortunately, a lot of people will post to a site like this just for money. Not to mention that most of us on this site are pretty spent out on our local rescues. If you just want money, this isn't a good site to post. But for great ideas, you have come to the right place.

Call a local rescue-they often can pull from the kill shelters at lower or no fee. Then the kits have a good chance at survival. Also, read through some of the stickys at the top-lots of good resources for working to change your kill shelter to a no-kill.

Best of luck, the kits are cute. But those prices are outrageous. I can't imagine many animals get adopted from that shelter.

tiffany_14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ITS sad but many more than 2 kittens are killed in shelters. OVER the summer so many homeless kittens were in my shelter. Only a few found homes, Unless people start spaying and neutering kittens and cats will still die everyday of every month of every year.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tiffany_14

ITS sad but many more than 2 kittens are killed in shelters. OVER the summer so many homeless kittens were in my shelter. Only a few found homes, Unless people start spaying and neutering kittens and cats will still die everyday of every month of every year.
Tiffany..is your shelter listed with Petfinder?? Why not post over at the Petfinder Message Board:

http://forums.petfinder-network.com/

Also..you can post about them on Craigslist:

http://www.craigslist.org

To the right is a list of cities...you select the ones closest to you and post about the cats looking for home.

Katie

tiffany_14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes my shelter is on petfinder and we do post pictures of the animals on their. We also do adoption events and lots of other stuff to save them. But it seems like until people start spaying and neutering like they should be cats and kittens will always have to be euthanized in shelters. I would prefer not to say the shelters name because I don't want to make my shelter look bad when i say they euthanize because i know they all do everything they can to save everyone possible.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tiffany_14

Yes my shelter is on petfinder and we do post pictures of the animals on their. We also do adoption events and lots of other stuff to save them. But it seems like until people start spaying and neutering like they should be cats and kittens will always have to be euthanized in shelters. I would prefer not to say the shelters name because I don't want to make my shelter look bad when i say they euthanize because i know they all do everything they can to save everyone possible.
Tiffany...it is unfortunate that shelters are looked down for having to euthanize when we do not currently have the numbers under control. Best thing I can suggest is to continue to find local ways to reach out and also promote spaying/neutering.

Katie