PLEASE help me save these kittens!

tastesxlikexemo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i need help. meet sister and brother emmy and oscar- she's the blue one, he's the lil orange guy. these two adorable kittens are currently in a kill shelter, meaning that they will be euthanized unless someone adopts them. their deadline is THIS FRIDAY. :cry: i'm sure all of you are cat people, and i don't know how anyone could look at these cuties and condemn them to death. they've never even had a real home or anyone to love and spoil and play with them. i can rescue them and give them a good and loving home, the problem is that rescuing kittens can be expensive. each of these little babies has to be taken from the kill shelter, taken to a vet to have their shots and treated for any fleas or diseases it might have, and boarded or transported to where it's adoptive parents can pick it up. if you don't think this is legitimate, you can check out the website that tries to match these kittens up before they're put to death: Last Chance

each kitten's total costs come to $175 each, but they only require a $75 deposit for these little sweethearts to be taken out of the kill shelter, so i need to come up with $150 by friday...i know that with help i can do it and at least save 2 sweet little lives. iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not asking for $150 from one person, but if I can get 10 people to donate $15, or 15 to donate $10, or 30 people to donate just $5, these two sweet babies can have a chance at life and a loving home. every little bit helps, and remember...it's not for me, it's for these innocent little sweethearts.

emmy

emmy and oscar will love you forever if you help save them!

if you are interested in helping by making a donation to save oscar and emmy, please send a message and we can work out a way for you to donate.

thank you!!!

kathylou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I were to send $1 to every kitty in every shelter I would be broke. I wish I could help them all, but I can't. Even if I was a billionairre, I would rather buy the shelter than send money to every irresponsible owner that got their cats into that predicament. How did these kittens end up in the shelter? Are they yours? Why do they have fleas?

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From time to time you will see some posts that request donations for a specific cause. It is YOUR responsibility to check these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references and phone numbers, and call around the area to find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. The Catsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds that appears in the forums. Be very careful before you send any money; no matter how effective the plea is, check it out before opening your wallet.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's sweet you want to help these kittens... by why can't the people who are willing to adopt them pay the fee?

I don't know about others...but I NEVER send money to a person, I ONLY send money to a reputable organization or vet clinic.

Katie

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

I don't know about others...but I NEVER send money to a person, I ONLY send money to a reputable organization or vet clinic.

Katie
Ditto that.

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i need help. meet sister and brother emmy and oscar- she's the blue one, he's the lil orange guy. these two adorable kittens are currently in a kill shelter, meaning that they will be euthanized unless someone adopts them. their deadline is THIS FRIDAY. :cry:

The Humane Society where I volunteer, does rescues from "death row" at least once a week. Please call your local Humane Society...I am sure they will not let these 2 cuties be euthanzied.

DITTO on the sending money!! Don't mean to sound harsh but maybe you can put it on a credit card and then figure out the adoption part later.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From someone who rescues kittens routinely, yes, it is expensive, but I always find a way to pull it off. Pawn something, sell something, turn off your computer and use the money for a few months that would go for Internet hook-up and save these kittens.

I never donate to a person. I will donate to a vet clinic, rescue shelter or group that has been verified.

If you don't have the money to pay for this round of vet services, what happens next time, when an emergency comes up?

Talk to the vet about accepting payments, accept a second job if you have to. But where there are two to save there are twenty more and that is the sad reality.

You can help more by being an advocate for spaying and neutering in your area. Contact the local shelter and ask about fliers or spay and neuter certificates.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So you have to pay $175 to rescue these cats from Death Row EVEN THOUGH they don't come with any vaccinations and they are full of fleas and obviously not fixed either since they are sooo young? Why are they charging sooo much for nothing but the cat? When shelters charge that much the cat usually comes neutered, vaccinated and hopefully disease-free.

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have a link to ther shelter so we can verify the info? I never donate to a specific person - I donate to Siamese Rescue and to imom for specfic causes but then I know the money has been spent for that particular cat. And I will help ppl spay and neuter their pets - it is YY's (my Seal Point diva girl)'s fund but it has made some good interest and I donate so much too every month (and when some company asks me to edit or review a medical text and they pay me a ludicrous amt of money for doing something I love to do anyway, that $$ goes into YY's fund. But it goes to local cats who need help and are not as fortunate as she is. There is always enough left in the event she needed money for a catastrophic illness. The money is only for medical uses and some of it is in high yield funds and cannot be touched for several yrs.) But like anyone else, I won't hand over money to individuals. They bring their cat to the vet and the vet does the procedures needed and she gets paid. I too look longingly at the kitties in the SPCA shelter but most of the kittens fortunately are adopted. If not, I know I cannot save them all - If I won a lottery, maybe I could but at the moment, I cannot.

What happens to these kitties once they are adopted? Who does the home study to ensure they go to a good home. If I were you, I;d call a local cat rescue and get them to pull the kittens if they can - many cat shelters are overwhelmed of late for a variety of reasons. IF YOU want these kittens, you need to find the money somehow - put them on your VISA, have a bake sale, do whatever. As a teenager, I saved 4 orphan babies and my parents made it clear they were my responsibility. So while I was saving for university, I also had to find money (I had bake sales, some car washes, sold some crocheted and knitted mittens and scarves which I made and sold at a local farmer's market and this money paid for their spaying and neutering - tho I also charged $50 for each adoption of 2 of the 4 (I kept 2 of the babies) which pretty much covered the fee for the spay of those two but hardly any of the other vet and feeding bills.Or even the advertising. But that was not important - I had found good homes thru people my mom and I knew and got to see them grow up to be secure and happy kitties.

So, that's what I would do in this situation. Can you place a hold on the babies and tell the shelter you want them. And what kind of shelter sells sick kittens for $175 - that makes no sense and maybe they should be invesitigated!!! Are they really a shelter? Do they maybe come with a certifcate - of it is the county - for a spay/neuter wth their vet maybe?

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw the link for Last Chance after I wrote the last post. I am told by the good folks at Siamese Rescue that this shelter has a bad reputation for doing this - saying the cat will die when that is not the case- it is plea to urge ppl to adopt and does every credible rescue harm. It is a horrible way to play on people's emotions!!! If you want these kittens, place a hold on them and find the money, This shelter will keep them for you. (and tell them you do not appreciate this kind of marketing. They are apparently not unique in doing it but it is horrible to use the emtions iof cat lovers by suggesting they need to adopt a kitten now or it wil ldie. Gawd, I wish people would be learn better skills at promoting cats and cat rescue!!!)

Good luck!

ps - how come these 2 are not losted on Last Chance's site? Have they already been adopted?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CyberKitten

ps - how come these 2 are not losted on Last Chance's site? Have they already been adopted?
When I checked the link to Last Chance, a day or two ago, I did see the pics of Emma & her brother; if they aren't on there now, I suppose it's because they were scheduled for PTS yesterday, and if that has happened, may they RIP.
However, they will have been spared a tragic life on the streets.
When I visited Myrtle Beach, So. Carolina 2 weeks ago, I visited the North Myrtle Beach Humane Society & they were literally overflowing with cats & kittens. And while I was there a woman was surrendering 3 kittens for her neighbor; I overheard the HS worker asking her to discuss getting the mama cat neutered, and the woman absolutely refused to consider it! She said it wasn't her problem, and not her neighbor's either, cuz it's just a stray cat who had her babies in her neighbor's shed!!
I could sense the frustration, anger & sadness of the HS workers and volunteers nearby. It has been bugging me all this time.
But now, I read your post & how creative CyberLink is at helping cats, and I am greatly encouraged! What a wonderful example for us all!