Please Help Me.. Leo Has Pneumonia

Mochibunie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey Guys Im sorry to inform you that over the past few days, even with my vets help, Leo was diagnosed with Pneumonia.

Click here to support Help Save Leo organized by Ren Dieu

If theres anyway you can donate, or even share.. I want to try my best for him.

please help me save him, or at least help me try.

My cat Leo, is only 4 months old. I adopted him from Inland Valley Humane Society and within a week I started to notice symptoms. I brought him to a vet where they gave me medication for Upper Respiratory Infection. When I noticed he was still not getting better I immediately brought him back to the vet where they said this was normal for a cat that was recently adopted. Yet still he continued to get worse. So I bring him to the vet again, where they hospitalized him. They put in a catheter, gave him and IV, and a humidifier. I learn today that he is suffering from pneumonia and the prognosis is not a good one. I’m heartbroken, I really do want to help him with all my heart but as a college student I can’t afford more than I have already paid. For today’s seven hours of hospitalization it cost around 800. I’m sure the cost will be above 5000 but I have no choice at this point.

please help me save him, or at least help me try.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey. I am so sorry Leo is sick.:alright: Have you tried to get help through The Humane Society ( it doesn’t have to be the Inland Valley branch but try them first)Best Friends.org or any of the other groups that assist with financial aid for kitties? If you do a google search for , Financial assistance for vet care, you will find a list of a great many groups who offer help. Since you are a student I think they will really want to help. I know it’s hard to make all the contacts when you are so worried but there are a lot of programs geared to help. You might find a vet in your area that is willing to help too. Ask at your vet about any credit programs that might be available. We are all hoping that Leo will respond quickly to vet care and not need as much help as you anticipate. Cats are very, very tough. Please update us as you get information. :grouphug2:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any updates on how Leo is doing? Poor little guy - he is too young to be dealing with this. Perhaps you can consult a holistic vet about giving Leo's lungs and immune system some extra support - possibly use plantain, elderberry, marshmallow root and licorice root; these are often able to be used alongside modern medicine but always do your own research about possible interactions.

Joyloveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Give him some colodial silver it's a nature antibiotic. I gave my daughter's cat a baby sized spoonful daily. I prayed for him and he got better.

FrankieNMurphy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I applied for CareCredit - it's a credit card that you can use for vet emergencies and on-going treatment. I qualified (with stinky credit) and was accepted for $1500. It saved my cat's life.