Please help!--kitten w/ recurring diarrhea despite many visits to vet, changes in diet, and medicati

jetta1400

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was reading your thread and have a simlar potty situation with my one year old male. I couldn't imagine dealing with ears at the same time. Poor boy. However, he is beautiful and looks happy. My vet has put my guy on a limited protein prescription diet. She is thinking he may have a food allergy and wants him on a completely different protein. I also have him on a probiotic. I am still in the process of transitioning him with the food, plus he is on antibiotics (flagly) which has helped (and is not the first time he's been on that antibiotic). His poops are so much better when he is taking medicine for it and my vet said that he may be a chronic user of it if the food thing does not work out. My other cat has no problem with food and eats his up (which she is not suppose to, but does and poos just fine...go figure). I look forward to reading your post to see if he improves and how he gets there. I love my kitty, but I'm tired of wiping his butt, which he hates....lol

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope all is going well with Monty and Panda by now. I know this is going to sound very odd, but a long time ago, our cat had a litter of three kittens. For some reason, one of them would poop anywhere around the litter box, but never inside it. It was very smelly and loose, like the fudge you described earlier. His litter mates were fine, as was his mom. When he finally got old enough, we had him neutered. For some strange reason, it completely cleared up his GI problem. I have no clue why, but it worked and I was so grateful!

Best regards,