PLEASE HELP IS HIS INCISION INFECTED?

acemush

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I my got my neutered Monday, August 1st, its been one heck of a week. He has had other complications & is now getting more complications. But okay for this thread. My cat would not stop trying to lick his incision. So he has a cone on & a surgical onsie. He manages to take both off.. but I am usually there to put it right back on during the day. It is throughout the night that if he takes it off I cannot control. He has also been SUPER active. I tried so hard for him to stay still but what cat can you force to stay still? He’s jumped & jumped & jumped unfortunately. So I am afraid his incision opened & got infected. Its now Day 7 it shouldn’t look like this I know for a fact. But infected? I dont know. He has a dry hard blood thing on it. Thats been there for maybe 2-3 days. But under that closer to the butthole is where it looks like its getting worse.
8D3444BB-06E0-4850-81BF-88E363E6D338.jpeg

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I would take him to the Vet.. I would. It does not look right to me.. It may be an infection or even dried up blood beneath the skin.. but it does not look right.. Or even some dead tissue..
Definitely Vet Visit.. and asap. I would not wait.

But others will come on, for their more expert opinion.

My philosophy is: When in Doubt go to Vet...

As far as cones. They do have them in different sizes, and types.. inflatable, etc. Look at a Pet store for one. Or look at Chewy, and then go out to get one. I would not wait for delivery.

Good Luck..

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad it was not infected!! Whew!!

If it was not infected, what is that black/grey area.. just wondering for future reference...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

acemush

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So the black thing was just a scab that they removed! The greyish part was his incision reopening a little bit that closed by the time he got to the vet!