Please Help! I'm Panicking!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Felix was crying to come upstairs so I let him up. A few minutes later, he got down low and started breathing weird. It's like a hiccup but he kept turning his head from side to side like he couldn't breathe and I freaked out. I tried listening to his chest and I hear crackling. Not sure if it's coming from his stomach (since he just ate) or his lungs. I went to call his vet immediately but they're closed and I don't know what to do. I don't even know what this is. I have a full day tomorrow and I'm afraid to leave him alone. He's acting normal otherwise but I don't know how long this has been going on since I just witnessed this horrible episode.

He's licking his lips a lot and some water came out when he was in that position.

Picture isn't Felix but that's how he crouchs down when he's breathing unusually.

Attachments

carebare

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe he is trying to vomit up something? My cat gets in that position before upchucking grass, and it's a bit of a process where is whole body reacts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking vomiting too since he's always rejecting my attempts to comb him so he has a lot of fur built up. He went to the vet a few months ago and they said everything seemed okay with him so I don't know what's going on. This cat means everything to me. I've had him since I was 11 years old so I worry constantly.