Please help identify skin health issue on feral cat

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It would be best if you can contact a local rescue to help you trap the cat. It will need veterinary care.
It could be a number of things.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would strongly recommend that you take that cat to a vet and let them look at it so they can identify the most appropriate treatment. Those places could be abscesses (which could explain why they are not healing) and lead to a serious health issue if not treated - the sooner the better! Trap it, as suggested above, so the wounds can be treated, and then ask for help in getting someone to care for it at least while the wounds heal.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftPretzel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Will do. I have a contact who should be able to help. The cat stays outside a doctors office and the doctor told me the wounds were caused by a fight with another cat. I had no reason to believe her because I know she cares for the cats. But now I wonder if she is wrong about the wounds.

It’s strange because he seems completely unbothered and acts like all the other cats.
In any case I will call the person who can help.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am glad you have someone to help!! Those wounds could very well have started with a cat fight, but not being treated can mean they could have turned into abscesses by now.
Very incinded to agree...another thing is it could have been infected with ringworm during the fight. They're very circular.