Please help! Emergency Surgery needed Asap and it's Life or Death for my baby!!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It makes you wonder how many cons are on that site!

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

She DOES live in Canada, @EB24.  The fraudulent poster probably lives in the US but who knows?  MOHD IMRAN could be a fake name too.  There's a really odd facebook page that comes up as the first result when I search that name, and there are a whole bunch of people by that name too.  The fraud has been reported to both companies.  The one with the pirated ad shut down the first one and then the next day the same person started a NEW one with the same info!  I reported that one as well, but they have not yet inactivated it.  There have been no more donations since yesterday (the second one has $49 in it so far.)  I reported it again today via direct email rather than their online form.  The GoFundMe site, which was her original site, has responded there is nothing they can do, but they ARE looking into some software that can block at least the stealing of pictures.  Don't hold your breath, however.  This is the perfect example of the dangers of posting pleas for help. which is why we warn everyone to be very careful.  Even if the original ad is legitimate and payments are safe, there is always the danger of some low life stealing the ad and using it for their own purposes on another site, as happened here.
Ah- that all makes it make more sense. Thanks!